If you are a fan of beef ravioli but don’t have time to make it from scratch, then buying frozen store-bought beef ravioli is an ideal option.
There are many factors that go into a perfect dish, and finding a reputable store that sells the best beef ravioli that you can opt for in the long term is crucial.
In this blog post, let’s find out where to buy frozen beef ravioli so that you can have them in your kitchen whenever you crave this dish.
What is frozen beef ravioli?
Beef ravioli is a type of Italian dish made with pasta sheets, ground beef, and cheese.
While in the past, most people were likely to make beef ravioli at home from scratch, today, the frozen version is equally popular, especially for those who love this dish but don’t have time to prepare and cook it.
The basic ingredients of the frozen beef ravioli are pre-made pasta dough that has been stuffed with ground meat, shredded cheese with parsley, and some seasonings prior to being frozen solid into individual portions.
Different kinds of cheese such as ricotta, parmesan, or pecorino romano can be used in the frozen beef ravioli depending on the manufacturer.
The frozen beef ravioli doesn’t require to be defrosted before cooking because this can soften the ravioli and make it easier to break when cooked.
Therefore, just drop it in boiling water and sauté it for minutes with your favorite sauce.
How many calories are in frozen beef ravioli?
The exact number of calories in the beef ravioli will depend on the amount of ground beef and cheese in the filling, how thick the pasta dough is, and the size of the ravioli.
- What To Serve With Barbacoa Beef Tacos? 5 Best Side Dishes To Serve With Your Barbacoa Beef Taco
- What To Serve With Beef Stroganoff? 5 Best Side Dishes For Beef Stroganoff
- 8 Must-try Beef Enchiladas’ Side Dishes To Bring Mexican Flavor To Your Kitchen
- Beef Vs Veal: What’s The Difference?
- Beef Tastes Like Fish: Why Does The Fishy Taste Exist In Your Beef?
However, in general, a serving size of frozen beef ravioli, which normally contains nine pieces, will provide us 230 to 280 calories.
That means one single piece of frozen beef ravioli will only include about 30 calories.
When you cook the frozen beef ravioli, you may get some more calories from the oil used in the cooking process, but it is not significant.
To burn off these 230 calories, you will need to either run for 23 minutes, cycle for 35 minutes, or clean for 1.4 hours.
How to choose the best frozen beef ravioli?
There are many products of beef ravioli on the market that can make you feel overwhelmed when shopping for it.
Don’t worry, with our tips below, you will easily pick the best frozen beef ravioli without any fuss.
1. Consider a famous brand that is trusted by a vast majority of consumers
Listen to the crowd, especially your acquaintances who have experienced beef ravioli from a somewhat brand.
There is no reason why a brand of frozen beef ravioli is trusted by many people, their product must have tasted good.
Check out some famous brands for beef ravioli like Rosetto, Buitoni, or Amy’s.
- Where To Buy Grass Fed Beef Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Where To Buy Kobe Beef Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- 4 Best Beef For Italian Beef: What Cut Of Meat Is Italian Beef Made From?
- Australian Beef Vs American Beef: What’s The Difference?
- Beef Tastes Like Leather: Why Does Beef Taste Like Leather Sometimes?
But when you want to try a new brand with a new flavor for example, just buy a small package to make sure it won’t be a waste even if you don’t like it.
2. Check the condition of the package
It is important to check the condition of the package when it comes to buying frozen products.
If the package is torn or deflated, the quality of the beef ravioli inside will be affected.
Also, check the expiration date to make sure that these frozen beef ravioli pieces will still taste best.
3. The best beef ravioli should have a freshly beefy and creamy taste
When you have already bought the package of frozen beef ravioli and cooked it, it’s time to give it a taste to determine if you will stick with this brand in the future or not.
The best beef ravioli should taste fresh and balanced, with a specific beefy flavor from the ground beef meat and a creamy taste from cheese and the dough.
Where to buy frozen beef ravioli?
In the modern era, it is easy to find store-bought beef ravioli that only requires a few further steps to complete the best dish of beef ravioli in minutes.
The following places are where you can purchase frozen beef ravioli to make for dinner or at any time of the day when you crave it.
1. Grocery store or supermarket
In most grocery stores or supermarkets across the United States, you will find frozen beef ravioli in their giant freezers.
There are different flavors, sizes, and brands for you to choose from so you better check it carefully to make sure you buy what you need.
- Where To Buy Keystone Canned Beef Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Where To Buy Dino Beef Rib Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Where To Buy Beef Cheek Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- 5 Best Beef For Jerky: What Is The Best Cut Of Beef For Making Jerky?
- Find Out 7 Classic Side Dish Recipes To Complement Beef Pasties
2. Online retailer
Frozen beef ravioli is also widely sold online, from some certain local stores or supermarkets that support this shopping method on their websites to other international platforms like Amazon or eBay.
Choose the nearest place to buy to make sure that the beef ravioli won’t defrost while transportation.
So we’ve discussed where to buy frozen beef ravioli and highlighted some of the most reputable brands for you to choose from when deciding what brand is best for your family.
We hope you find this post informative and helpful for you to look for a place that sells the best frozen beef ravioli.
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-08-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API