Chicken and turkey have long been considered healthier alternatives for red meat like pork and beef.
But what if you have to choose between ground turkey and chicken breast, which one will be better for you? You will find the answer to this question in this article.
Now let’s check it out!
What is ground turkey?
Ground turkey is a great substitute for ground beef.
Not only does it give you all the protein in ground beef, but it also has less fat and cholesterol than its red meat counterpart.
Ground turkey can be made by grinding a single cut of turkey, such as white meat like turkey breast, dark meat like turkey thigh, or a mixture of both, with some additional fat.
Ground turkey can be used for many recipes from tacos to burgers.
You can easily find some packages of ground turkey at a local butcher shop or grocery store.
What is chicken breast?
- Chicken Breast Tastes Like Rubber? How To Cook Juicy, Tender Chicken Breasts
- Which Is Healthier: Chicken Breast Or Ground Chicken?
- Why Is Chicken Breast So Dry? Tips To Never End Up With A Dry Chicken Breast
- Are Chicken Breasts High In Purines? Can Chicken Breasts Cause A Gout Attack?
- Is Chicken Breast Alkaline?
Chicken breast is one of the most popular cuts that come from a chicken’s chest.
Chicken breasts are usually made up of muscle and fat, so they tend to be healthier than other parts such as drumsticks or thighs because they have less fat and cholesterol.
One whole chicken will typically contain one large breast, but it can also be divided into two equal halves.
It’s breaded before being deep-fried until its crust has crisped while the inside remains juicy; alternatively, you could bake or grill your chosen cut with whatever sauce best suits your taste – for example, BBQ sauce if you’re feeling more adventurous.
If you want your chicken breast to be more flavorful and have a crispy and golden outer, you can choose the cut with the skin on.
However, keep in mind that most chicken fat is found under the skin, so limit your portion of crispy fried chicken breast with skin to have better health.
What are the differences between ground turkey vs chicken breast?
Ground turkey and chicken breast differ in many ways that make you prefer one over the other.
- Ground Lamb Vs Ground Beef: What’s The Difference?
- 4 Best Chicken Breast Recipes To Serve With Broccoli Rice Cheddar
- Should You Sear Chicken Breast Before Baking?
- Vegan Substitutes For Chicken Breasts: Is There A Vegan Substitute For Chicken Breast?
- Where To Buy Boneless Skin On Chicken Breast Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
Take a closer look at the table below so that you can easily differentiate and choose between these two kinds of poultry meat.
|Ground turkey||Chicken breast|
|The bird’s part||Can be made from one cut (breast or thigh), or a mixture of both with some additional visible fat||The upper part from the chicken’s chest|
|Shape||Ground, usually have a string-like shape because of the outcome shape of the meat grinder||Can come in different types: whole cut, ground, skin-on/ skinless, bone-in/ boneless|
|Nutritional content||Low in fat (compared to ground beef) but still fattier than chicken breast due to additional fat added, or if consisted of turkey thigh||Low in fat|
|Use||Stir-fry with sauce to make tacos and burgers filling||Used in numerous recipes: baked, grilled, roasted, breaded, and fried|
What are the similarities between ground turkey vs chicken breast?
Besides some key differences between ground turkey and chicken breast, these two types of meat also share some similarities as listed below:
1. Ground turkey and chicken breast are rich sources of protein
Turkey and chicken are reputable for being rich sources of lean protein.
Although ground turkey usually contains additional fat compared to a whole cut of turkey or chicken breast, it is still a healthier option than ground pork or beef.
2. Ground turkey and chicken breast are easy and quick to cook
Ground turkey is small pieces of turkey, and chicken breast is the leanest cut of the chicken with little fat and no connective tissue.
Therefore, it is very easy to handle both ground turkey and chicken breast.
They generally take about 10 to 15 minutes to cook, and you will have a mouth-watering dish ready to be served.
- Pork Loin Vs Chicken Breast: What’s The Difference?
- How Long Does Chicken Breast Last In The Fridge?
- Is Chicken Fillet Breast? Which Is Healthier Chicken Breast Or Fillet?
- Tuna Vs Chicken Breast: What’s The Difference?
- Where To Buy Grilled Chicken Breast Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
Which one is better?
|Product Comparison||Diestel Turkey Ranch, Turkey Ground Thigh 94/6 Step 3, 16 Ounce||Fresh Brand – Chicken Breast Fillets Value Pack, 100% Natural,...|
|Rating||(based on )||(based on )|
|Latest Price||Check Current Price||Check Current Price|
Ground turkey and chicken breast are both great for any meal, and their major difference is their forms, one is ground and one is usually a whole cut.
Therefore, it’s hard to say which is healthier and better for you.
In terms of flavor, we would recommend trying both types of meat to figure out what suits your taste buds best.
However, their uses are different, with ground turkey is amazing for sandwich filling and chicken breast is great for crispy frying.
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-08-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API