In this post, we’ll be comparing fried chicken vs baked chicken.
Both are popular methods of cooking chicken and both have their merits.
Fried chicken has a crispy skin while the inside is juicy and tender.
Baked chicken is moist on the inside with an exterior that’s not as crunchy but still tasty in its own right.
We’ll help you find out which one suits your needs best!
What is special about baked chicken?
Baked chicken is a common dish in the United States.
It’s also called oven-fried, but we’ll be using this term for simplicity’s sake.
Oven-fried dishes are typically baked with any combination of breadcrumbs, flour, and spices that will make them flavorful and crispy on the outside while staying juicy on the inside.
- Which Should You Be Eating, Veal Or Chicken?
- What To Serve With Ratatouille Chicken? 5 Amazing Recipes To Serve With Ratatouille Chicken
- What To Serve With Chicken Dumplings? 5 Good Side Dishes For Chicken Dumplings
- Where To Buy Chicken Crispitos Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- What To Serve With Chicken Ala King? 5 Ways To Serve The Dish
What sets oven-fried apart from other fried foods is its ability to cook without added fat or oil!
This makes it an excellent option for healthy eating because you’re not sacrificing flavor or texture for healthiness (or vice versa).
What is special about fried chicken?
Fried chicken is a dish consisting of fried pieces of chicken.
It is typically served with mashed potatoes and gravy, corn on the cob, biscuits, or bread.
The dish originated in the United States.
The ingredients for fried chicken include flour, salt, pepper, milk or buttermilk, and eggs to coat the outside of the meat as well as spices like paprika and cayenne pepper to flavor it.
- What To Serve With Chicken Pitas? 5 Side Dishes To Pair With Your Next Chicken Pitas
- Where To Buy Chicken Carcasses Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- 7 Amazingly Delicious Chicken Romano Side Dishes
- What To Serve With Jerk Chicken And Rice? 5 Best Side Dishes That Go Well With Jerk Chicken And Rice
- Do You Know What Are The Main Differences Between Fresh And Frozen Chickens?
What are the differences between baked chicken vs fried chicken?
In this following table, we’ll explore these differences in detail so you can decide which is right for you!
|Baked chicken||Fried chicken|
|Texture & Taste||Baked chicken has a lighter taste and texture||Fried chicken has a crunchier and more crispy outer layer, but the inside can be dry|
|Fat content||Baked uses only butter or olive oil, which means that if you’re looking for something healthier||Fried chicken contains less fat than baked because of the way it’s made – it’s deep-fried in oil|
|Calories||The average piece of baked chicken will have around 260-300 calories||The average piece of fried chicken has about 400-500 calories|
|Cooking method||Baked chicken can be prepared in the oven or on the stovetop||Fried chicken must be deep-fried|
|Price||Baked chicken usually costs less than fried chicken||Fried chicken is usually more expensive than baked chicken because it takes longer to prepare and requires more ingredients|
What are the similarities between baked chicken vs fried chicken?
There are many similarities between fried and baked chicken which is what we will be discussing in this blog post.
1. Both chicken types have a crispy outer layer
Both baked and fried chicken have a crispy outer layer, but the flavor is much different.
Baked tends to be moister while fried has that crunchy dryness you can’t get enough of!
2. Both are usually served with a side dish such as fries, mashed potatoes, or macaroni and cheese
The two different ways to cook chicken, baked and fried can be served with a variety of side dishes from french fries to mashed potatoes or macaroni and cheese.
3. They both take about the same amount of time to cook
Baked chicken and fried chicken both take about the same amount of time to cook.
The difference is in how they are prepared; one uses an oven, while the other needs a deep fryer!
- What To Serve With Pecan-crusted Chicken? 6 Side Dish Ideas To Make Your Pecan-crusted Chicken Better
- Shrimp Vs Chicken: Which One Is Healthier?
- Which Is Healthier, Chicken Or Beef? A Complete Comparison
- What Wine To Serve With Chicken Tamales? 7 Best Side Dishes To Accompany Chicken Tamales
- What To Serve With Chicken Tamales? 7 Best Side Dishes To Accompany Chicken Tamales
Which one is better?
|Product Comparison||Stouffer's Baked Chicken Frozen Meal,8.875 Ounce (Pack of 1)||Sylvia's Crispy Fried Chicken Mix, 10-Ounce Packages (Pack of 9)|
|Latest Price||Check Current Price||Check Current Price|
It is difficult to say which one is better, but it seems that people have a preference for fried chicken.
If you want something healthier but with just as much flavor as fried chicken then baked might be better suited for you.
Ultimately though, try them out yourself and see how they make you feel! We hope we helped answer any questions about these two options with our blog post today – thanks for reading!
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-08-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API