5 Delicious Side Dishes For Your Zesty Pork Chops
Zesty pork chops are the perfect accompaniment for a family dinner.
I'm an experienced food writer and passionate cook. My website, Cookindocs.com, features accessible, informative, and engaging content with quality recipes and articles that are thoroughly researched and enjoyable to read. You can trust my expertise with 8 years of experience in the field. Learn more about me and my work on this website, and check out my featured articles on TastingTable, Mashed, and 5-Minute Crafts. Read more about me HERE.
Whether you are preparing a weeknight meal or intending to entertain guests, zesty pork chops are a delicious and easy dish to prepare.
But what kind of side dish should you serve with them? In this blog post, we’ll explore some delicious things to eat alongside your zesty pork chops.
So don’t wait any longer – get cooking!
What is zesty pork chop?
Zesty pork chops are a tasty dish of seasoned, pan-fried pork chops.
Pork is cut into one-inch pieces and then coated with flour, salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper or any other spice you desire.
A mixture of oil and butter is heated in the skillet until it’s hot enough to sizzle when water droplets are sprinkled on it.
The meat is then fried on both sides for about three minutes per side or until golden brown and juicy inside.
To finish off the zesty pork chop recipe add some fresh lemon juice before serving! The zesty flavor comes from adding some lemon juice to the finished product after cooking which adds a tangy taste that compliments the savory flavors.
What to consider when choosing a zesty pork chop’s side dish?
When you’re looking for a meal that’s both hearty and tasty, a pork chop is always a good option.
But what should you serve with it? Here are some things to avoid if you don’t want your dinner to be overshadowed by the main dish.
1. Avoid anything that will make your pork chops dry and tough
Zesty pork chops need a side dish that will make them soft, juicy and flavorful.
Avoid anything with strong flavors like emphasizing on salty or acidic foods as this can be overpowering for some people’s taste buds!
2. Avoid any vegetables that are too acidic, as they can break down the meat
Avoid any vegetables that are too acidic, as they can break down the meat.
Some examples of this would be tomatoes or cucumbers.
Maple syrup is a great alternative to add sweetness while still giving your dish some flavor!
3. Avoid potatoes or other starchy vegetables – they don’t complement a zesty dish well
Zesty pork chops need a side dish that complements their flavor.
Creative cooks should avoid potatoes and other starchy vegetables, choosing instead pickles or fresh fruit to round out the meal with some added crunch!
- Vegan Substitutes For Pork Chops: What Vegan Ingredients Can You Use To Replace Pork Chops?
- 7 Best Wines To Pair With Pork Chops
- You’ll Never Believe What Sets Pork Steak And Pork Chop Apart – Find Out Now!
- 19 Gluten-free Pork Chop Recipes You Won’t Want To Miss
- 6 Side Dishes To Go With Your Hawaiian-style Pork Chops
4. Avoid heavy sauces – they’ll weigh down your meal and leave you feeling bloated after dinner
When deciding what to serve with your zesty pork chops, don’t get heavy on the sauce.
A good rule of thumb is that any dish higher than 50% fat should onlyaccount for about 1/3rds or less if served at once; otherwise, you’ll feel bloated and dehydrated after dinner!
5 best side dishes to serve with zesty pork chop
When it comes to dinner, pork chops are a classic main dish.
But what sides should you serve with them? Here are some of the best side dishes to bring out the flavor of your zesty pork chop!
1. Creamy macaroni and cheese
Creamy macaroni and cheese are a must-have side dish to serve with zesty pork chops.
The rich, gooey texture goes perfectly well together while the tang of lemon complements it very nicely.
The pairing makes for one delicious meal!
2. Sauteed green beans with garlic
The perfect side dish to serve with your pork chop is sauteed green beans.
The natural sweetness of these fresh-looking veggies goes well together, and they’re also low in fat so you can enjoy them guilt free!
3. Asparagus spears served cold on the side of a hot dish
Asparagus is an excellent side dish to serve with zesty pork chops.
The cold spears are refreshing and cool, complementing their spiciness perfectly!
4. Steamed broccoli served cold on the side of a hot dish
Steamed broccoli served cold is a delicious and healthy side dish to any meal.
It goes well with pork chops because of its refreshing taste as it cools down the hotness from those tasty meatballs!
So, what kind of side dish should you serve with pork chops?
You can’t go wrong by choosing one of the recipes we’ve provided above.
Choose your favorite and get cooking!
We hope you found it helpful and can use these side dishes for a family dinner or an evening entertaining guest.
- 5 Mouth-watering Side Dishes To Pair With Ranch Pork Chops
- 5 Best SidesTo Make Your Pork Buns Extra Special
- Taste Test: Find Out Which Bbq Pork Is Better – Chopped Or Pulled? You’ll Be Surprised!
- 7 Best Wines To Pair With Pork Chops
- 5 Best Side Dishes For Panko Chicken That Will Take You From Dinner to Dessert