We all love a good foodie adventure, and it is always nice to try something new.
Pork crackling is a popular Australian treat that can be eaten on its own or dipped into some tomato sauce and enjoyed with your favourite chips.
But what about those times when you just want to know where the nearest place is that sells pork crackling?
We can show you where you can buy pork crackling so that it’s easy for you to find!
What is pork crackling?
Pork crackling is a crispy, crunchy and delicious snack that you can make at home.
They are also known as pork rinds.
The main ingredients needed to make them are salt, sugar and liquid smoke flavoring.
To get the desired texture of the outside layer, it needs to be fried in hot oil for about five minutes or until they turn golden brown.
You can eat them on their own or put them on top of food like tacos or pizza!
How much calorie is in pork crackling?
Pork crackling is an Australian snack that’s popular with the locals.
The question on everyone’s mind is how much calories are in pork crackling?
In a 100g pack of pork cracklings, there are about 275kcal.
- 4 Delicious Recipes To Serve With Pork Posole
- Where To Buy Organic Pork Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Where To Buy Pork Pie Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Dry Brining Pork Vs Wet Brining Pork: What’s The Difference?
- 5 Best Recipes To Serve With Kalua Pork
It goes without saying that this snack should be consumed sparingly because it can lead to weight gain and even obesity over time.
To put things into perspective, if you’re eating 2 packs of pork cracklings per day (which isn’t uncommon), then your calorie intake for the day would be 550kcal – which is more than what most people need in a day!
How to choose the best pork crackling?
Pork Crackling is a popular snack food, and it can be difficult to find the perfect one.
But not anymore!
Here are some tips on how to select the best pork crackling for your needs.
1. The best pork crackling should be crispy, crunchy, and not too salty
Pork cracklings are the best way to get that crispy, crunchy texture.
It’s important for them not to be too salty so you don’t end up with a bad taste when eating pork later on in life and they should also be easy enough to chew through without making your jaw sore.
2. Pork skin should be dry, not greasy
The best pork crackling is dry and not greasy.
You want to avoid any that are dripping with oil or have an oily, shiny surface because this means they will be too salty from the fat content of the skin.
3. Appearance -does it have a nice brown color
The first and most important thing to look at is whether or not it has a nice brown color.
- Pork Demi-glace Substitutes: What Can You Use In Place Of Pork Demi-glace?
- Where To Buy Beelers Pork Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Where To Buy Ractopamine Free Pork Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- What Is The Difference Between Duroc Pork And Berkshire Pork?
- Pork Tenderloin Vs Pork Loin: What’s The Difference?
If there are any white spots on top then this means that they’re old, withered pieces of meat which will have no taste!
4. Texture – does the crackling break apart easily when bitten into
There are many factors to consider when looking for a good quality product, but there is one factor that stands out: how easily does it break apart on your teeth.
This characteristic indicates freshness and high-quality ingredients!
Where to buy pork crackling?
Pork crackling are a delicious snack that many people enjoy.
If you’re looking for the best place to buy pork crackling, then this post is for you!
We’ll go over some of the best places to purchase pork crackling!
1. Butcher’s shops
If you’re looking for pork crackling, butcher shops are the place to go.
Pork cracklings come from a pig’s belly and they make an excellent snack or appetizer.
Butcher shops typically have them on hand at all times in order to sell more meat products to customers who might not know what else is available there!
2. Local grocery stores
The perfect place to buy pork crackling is in your local grocery store.
Pork Cracklings are the deep fried skin of a pig, and they come with many different flavors like BBQ or chili lime.
- Where To Buy Chashu Pork Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Where To Buy Berkshire Pork Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- What To Serve With Chinese BBQ Pork? 5 Easy Ways To Complement Chinese Pork
- Where To Buy Pork Stock Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Sweet And Sour Chicken Vs Pork: What’s The Difference?
You can also find them at specialty butcher shops as well!
3. Online (Amazon, eBay)
The perfect way to enjoy pork crackling is in a crispy, salty snack.
The best place to find it online are the sellers on Amazon or eBay because of their expansive selection and affordable prices!
Pork crackling is a tasty and popular Australian snack that can be enjoyed on its own or with some tomato sauce.
Now that you know where to buy pork crackling, it’s time for a foodie adventure!
We’ve compiled a list of places near you where you can buy pork crackling so it’s easy for you to find!
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-08-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API