Chicken bones are a great source of calcium, and for those who don’t like taking supplements, they can be an alternative to ensure that you get your daily dose.
They also make a wonderful base for soup stock or bone broth.
However, if you’re not sure where to buy organic chicken bones, here’s what you need to know about this delicious ingredient!
In this article, you will not only find tips for choosing the best organic chicken bone but also suggest places to buy it.
What are organic chicken bones?
Organic chicken bones are a great way to add calcium and other nutrients to your diet.
They have less fat than regular chicken because they come from pasture-raised chickens that eat high-quality grains, which is what gives the meat its flavor.
It’s also better for you since the organic chickens are not given antibiotics or hormones.
Organic chicken bones can be boiled and eaten with vegetables, roasted in the oven with some olive oil and salt, or ground into a paste for use as bone broth.
How much calorie is in organic chicken bones?
Organic chicken bones contain a lot of calcium, which is good for your health.
It’s also good to know that organic chicken bones are 100% natural and do not contain any artificial flavors or colors.
The calories in organic chicken bones depend on the size of the bone and if it still has meat on it.
- 7 Amazingly Delicious Chicken Romano Side Dishes
- What To Serve With A Chicken Mole? 7 Best Side Dishes To Serve With Your Chicken Mole
- 3 Best Chicken For Kabobs: Are All Cuts Of Chicken Good For Kabobs?
- What To Serve With Barbeque Chicken? 8 Amazing Side Dishes To Pair With Your Barbeque Chicken
- What To Serve With Chicken Pesto? 6 Tempting Companions That Go With Chicken Pesto
A small bone with no meat has about 46 calories, while a medium-sized bone with no meat has about 110 calories.
How to choose the best organic chicken bones?
Sometimes, even the most diligent of shoppers can find themselves in a predicament: what is the best organic chicken bones?
The following article will help you understand how to choose and use these ingredients.
1. Look for organic chicken bones that are free of antibiotics and hormones
The first point to consider is whether or not the bone contains any antibiotics and hormones.
These elements can lead to an increased risk of health problems including cancer so it’s important they’re avoided by looking out for labels stating “free from.”
2. Choose a bone-in cut with the most meat on it
The best organic chicken bones should be chosen by looking for bone-in cuts with the most meat on them.
Skinless types are less flavorful and will lead to a dryer meal, so look out!
3. Look for labels that say “organic” and “free-range” on the package
Organic chicken bones are a great way to add nutrients, flavor, and variety to your dog’s diet.
- 7 Best Kinds Of Vegetables To Serve With Chicken Chili
- What To Serve With Chimichurri Chicken? 5 Side Dishes That You Should Serve With Your Next Chimichurri Chicken
- 3 Best Chicken Cuts For Quesadillas: How To Pick The Best Chicken For Quesadillas
- Brine Vs Marinade Chicken: What’s The Difference?
- 7 Best Chicken Chili Cookbooks: The Ultimate Guide To Chicken Chili
These particular organic chicken bones come from free-range chickens which means they lived in an environment with plenty of space for running around outside! You can also look for the labels that say “organic” and “free-range”.
4. Avoid buying canned or processed bone broth, which can be high in sodium and preservatives
The best way to find organic chicken bones is by making sure that the ones you buy are canned or processed.
Avoid buying any of those high in sodium and preservatives, these can be bad for your health!
Where to buy organic chicken bones?
Organic chicken bones are a great way to make your own broth and have it be healthy for you.
The problem is finding organic chicken bones, so we compiled a list of places where you can buy them.
1. Whole Foods Market
In case you’re wondering where to buy organic chicken bones, Whole Foods Market is the best place.
They have a wide selection of sizes and types which makes them more than just your average grocery store!
2. Grocery stores
You can often find organic chicken bones at grocery stores.
You may have to ask a few different employees before you get lucky and someone tells you where they are, but it’s worth the effort!
- What To Serve With Chicken Coq Au Vin? 7 Best Side Dishes To Serve With Chicken Coq Au Vin
- Chicken Shahi Korma Vs Chicken Korma: What’s The Difference?
- 5 Best Side Dishes To Serve With Mesquite Chicken
- What To Serve With Chicken Chili? 6 Must-try Side Dishes For Chicken Chili
- What To Serve With Miso Chicken? 7 Side Dishes That You Will Want To Try With Your Miso Chicken
3. Online retailers from Amazon or Vitacost
The organic chicken bones can be found at Amazon.com or Vitacost.
The price ranges from $7 to about $8 per pound, but the shipping is free and it’s guaranteed fresh!
This article has given you a lot to think about when it comes to buying chicken bones.
We hope this helped answer some questions about where and how to buy chicken bones.
Enjoy experimenting with new soups recipes at home!
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-08-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API