Keystone canned meat was first introduced in the early 1900s and is still going strong today.
It’s a go-to for many households, and their canned beef product is one of the most favorites.
This article will figure out what Keystone canned beef really is and where to find this product on the market.
Let’s get started!
What is Keystone canned beef?
Canned beef is a new and innovative idea that has been gaining popularity in the past few years.
Keystone canned beef is one of the famous brands for canned meat with almost a century of development.
They also have canned chicken, turkey, pork, and the soup base besides canned beef.
Keystone canned beef consists of beef produced from cows that have been humanely slaughtered and then cooked in their own juices.
The meat is then cut into small pieces before being placed into metal containers for storage.
The manufacturer commits to only use meat and sea salt in their recipes without artificial ingredients.
There are many benefits to eating this type of food; some people believe it tastes better than a fresh cut, while others argue that it’s healthier since there’s no risk of bacteria or parasites on the outside surface of the can like raw meats usually do.
Keystone canned beef does not need any refrigeration until opened and will last up to years if unopened and properly stored.
This dish is ready to be consumed right from the can, but it will taste best if being reheated.
- Beef Vs Veal: What’s The Difference?
- What To Serve With Beef Burritos? 5 Best Side Dishes To Accompany Beef Burritos
- 6 Best Beef For Burgers: The Key To Having The Best Beef Burgers
- 5 Best Beef For Philly Cheesesteak: What Cut Of Beef Is Best For Philly Cheesesteak
- 4 Best Beef Burgers For BBQ: What Burgers Are Best For BBQ?
You can serve Keystone canned beef with a few slices of toast, salad, or mix it with pasta or omelets.
How many calories are in Keystone canned beef?
A can of Keystone beef normally weighs 14.5 ounces, which is significantly high in calories.
However, a proper serving size for you will be only about three ounces per meal, which means you will get the appropriate 110 calories, from five grams of fat and 17 grams of protein.
To burn down these calories, you will need to either cycle for 16 minutes, run for 11 minutes, or clean for 40 minutes.
Keystone canned beef is also a rich source of essential nutrients that are found in red meat, like iron, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, and B-vitamins.
Since canned beef is packed with a generous amount of sea salt, which is high in sodium, it is not recommended to add this product to your daily diet.
How to choose the best Keystone canned beef?
Choosing a canned product is a bit of luck because you cannot give it a taste when you haven’t paid for it.
However, there are some tips that will help you choose the best Keystone canned beef without needing to open the can.
1. Buy Keystone canned beef from this brand’s retailers
To make sure you get an authentic canned beef product from Keystone company, you should look for this item in a retailer of this brand, or their official website or stores.
- 3 Best Beef Cuts For Thai Stir Fry
- What To Serve With Beef Teriyaki? 5 Fascinating Recipes To Pair With Beef Teriyaki
- Where To Buy Sukiyaki Beef Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- 8 Satisfying Yet Easy Recipes To Serve With Beef Daube
- Pork Vs Beef Nutrition: What’s The Difference?
This can lower the chance of getting fake products of low quality from other immoral sellers.
2. Avoid buying the can with any sign of spoilage (dented, bulged, or leaked)
Checking the condition of the can before paying is crucial.
You should avoid the cans that are dented, bulged, or leaked because these damages can affect the quality of the beef inside.
Just look for a perfect can without any sign of damage, and don’t forget to check the expiration date printed on the can too.
3. The best Keystone canned from should have a brown color, tender texture, and tastes good
Now it’s time to give your Keystone canned food a taste after bringing it home.
Smell it and take a small bite before cooking to make sure this product is at its peak quality.
The beef should be tender and dark brown in color, the liquid is brown, clear, and sweet.
If it tastes weird (like sour or bitter), you unfortunately should discard it.
Where to buy Keystone canned beef?
Keystone canned beef is widely sold on the market, therefore, it is super easy to purchase this processed meat product whenever you crave it.
1. Grocery store or supermarket
Keystone canned beef can be found in the canned goods section in most grocery stores or supermarkets throughout America.
- 6 Best Beef For BBQ: The Secret To Having The Best Bbq Party
- 6 Best Beef For An Oven Roast: What Kind Of Meat Should You Use For An Oven Roast?
- Where To Buy Piedmontese Beef Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- 5 Best Beef For Jerky: What Is The Best Cut Of Beef For Making Jerky?
- 3 Best Beef Cuts For Thai Stir Fry
The smaller store might have fewer quantities while the large chain supermarket like Walmart or Whole Foods will have a variety of products for you to choose from.
The easiest way is to access Amazon to buy the best canned beef from them at a reasonable price.
Otherwise, look for it on certain supermarkets’ websites.
Have you ever tried canned beef from the family-owned company Keystone?
If not, it’s time to give this amazing product a try and you will want to stick with it for the long term.
Just visit keystonemeats.com, Amazon, or head to a supermarket near your house, you can easily find some cans of Keystone All Natural beef to make a quick and hearty meal for your family.
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-08-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API