Many of us are looking for a way to eat healthier and grilled chicken breast is a good candidate for a healthy but still tasty dish.
You can grill it yourself, or you can purchase it pre-made from many places throughout the country.
If you are still wondering where you can buy grilled chicken breast when you don’t have time to make it from scratch, this article will help you.
What is grilled chicken breast?
Grilled chicken breast is a dish that is made from a cut of meat from the underside of the hen, usually, with the skin still on, that has been marinated and then cooked for an extended period of time overheating.
The skin becomes crispy while the other parts are tender and juicy.
Grilled chicken breasts are delicious whether served as-is or sliced up to top salads or make sandwiches with your favorite veggies.
A lot of people think they can only get this type of meat at restaurants but it’s actually super easy to grill one at home too, or some manufacturers even offer the pre-cooked version of this dish.
Grilling is a great way to cook chicken because it doesn’t add more fat to the dish, and even reduces the fat content that making it healthier.
How many calories are in grilled chicken breast?
Grilled food is usually lower in calories than other types of cooking methods.
Moreover, chicken breast is also the leanest part of the chicken that delivers the least calories.
Therefore, grilled chicken breast is relatively low in calories, about 165 calories per serving size of 100 grams of grilled chicken breast without skin.
If you want a nice crisp, leave the skin intact on the chicken breast while grilling, and the resulting dish will contain a bit more fat.
Grilled chicken breast is also a rich source of protein, magnesium, iron, and B-vitamins, which are essential for our health in many ways.
- 7 Easy-to-try Ideas To Accompany Any Chicken Breast Dish
- Which Is Healthier: Chicken Breast Or Ground Chicken?
- How To Tell If Chicken Breast Is Undercooked? Tips To Get Your Chicken Breast Done Right At Home
- How To Cook Chicken Breast On An Electric Grill?
- Can You Boil Chicken Breast From Frozen? Learn More Before Doing So!
Serving it with some green or fruity salads on the side will even make it healthier and pack with many crucial vitamins and minerals.
How to choose the best grilled chicken breast?
Store-bought grilled chicken breast is perfect for a windy day and can save you a lot of time and effort to make this dish from scratch.
You only need to reheat this dish for a few minutes before serving and you will have the piping hot and tasty chicken breast to enjoy with your friends or family.
However, it doesn’t mean that you can randomly choose a good one without paying attention to the selection process.
Here are some tips that will help you choose the best grilled chicken breast:
1. Choose the grilled chicken breast that has an even caramel color without any burnt on it
Grilling will give the chicken breast a beautiful golden color.
However, the direct heat can sometimes create burns on the surface of the chicken breast if the cook doesn’t keep his eyes on the meat while cooking.
Therefore, it is best to look for a grilled chicken breast without any burnt and that has an even color from top to bottom.
2. Choose the skin-on grilled chicken breast
Chicken fat is mostly found under the skin of the chicken, however, it is proven that chicken fat is not as bad as castle’s fat which is high in cholesterol.
Moreover, when grilling, the fat is partially diminished so the resulting grilled chicken breast will be not really fatty.
- Rotisserie Chicken Vs Chicken Breast: What’s The Difference?
- What Are The Differences Between A Fried Chicken Thigh And A Fried Chicken Breast?
- Is Chicken Breast Muscle Meat? Can I Eat Chicken Breast To Build Muscle?
- 8 Best Appetizers To Serve With Chicken Breast
- How To Tell If Chicken Breast Is Overcooked? How To Cook Perfect Chicken Breast Every Time
You can get crispy and flavorful skin when opting for the skin-on version.
And if someone in your family doesn’t want to eat chicken skin, it will be very easy to remove it after that and spend it on someone who loves it.
3. Look for grilled chicken breast that is made from a whole cut
It will be better to look for grilled chicken breast sold the entire cut.
By doing this, you have more options to do with the dish.
For example, you can use it as the main course, shred it into pieces to top salads, or make a sandwich filling.
4. Consider flavor and size
Grilled chicken breast can come in different sizes and flavors.
The main difference in the flavor of the grilled chicken breast comes from the seasoning marinate and the sauce, while the different size depends on the chicken.
Where to buy grilled chicken breast?
Grilled chicken breast can be easily purchased on the market.
The following places where you should head to buy the pre-cooked chicken breast.
1. Grocery store or supermarket
In a grocery store or supermarket, you are likely to buy grilled chicken breast strips instead of the whole breast.
This option will be more suitable for making sandwich fillings or topping salads.
- Why Is Chicken Breast Rubbery? How To Avoid Chewy Chicken Breast?
- Chicken Breast Tastes Like Mozzarella? The Chicken Cheese Effect: What Causes It & How To Fix It
- Organic Chicken Breast Vs Non-organic: What’s The Difference?
- At What Temperature Is Chicken Breast Done? Tips To Have A Juicy, Tender, But Fully-cooked Chicken Breast
- Do You Roast Chicken Breast Side Up Or Down? Is It Better To Roast Chicken Breast Side Up Or Down?
Look for a package of grilled chicken breast in Whole Foods Market, Sam’s Club, Walmart, or any large chain supermarket in America.
You can also buy grilled chicken breast from a restaurant.
The whole grilled chicken breast will be available here so that you have more options on what to do with it.
As you can see, there are many ways to buy grilled chicken breasts.
When it comes time for dinner, you should have plenty of options available to you in order to make a mouth-watering dish without sacrificing your health.
Share with us where you have been able to find them or what brands they were, so we can help other readers know where they might go for their convenience needs as well!
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-08-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API