Crispitos are a classic Mexican dish that is preferred by all ages.
You can either make them yourself or go out and find a place that sells chicken crispitos.
The second option is what people are likely to stick with because of their busy life and lack of time to prepare food from scratch.
This article will give you an insight into this comfort food and figure out where to buy the best chicken crispitos in America.
What are chicken crispitos?
Chicken crispitos are a simple but delicious dish that originated in Mexican cuisine.
It consists of shredded chicken that is seasoned with enchilada sauce and grated cheese, these create a savory filling that is then wrapped in roll sheets or tortillas.
These rolls are deep-fried to create a brown and crispy crust.
The tortillas can be made from corn or flour.
While the main ingredient for the filling is shredded or ground chicken and the wrapper is either tortillas or roll sheets, the flavor of this dish can vary depending on the spices and seasonings that are used in the recipe.
It is more about personal preference or the traditional recipe in a specific region.
Chicken crispitos can be served as a snack to enjoy at any time of the day when you feel hungry, or a hearty and nutritious dish for lunch boxes.
- 5 Best Rosemary Substitutes In Chicken Dishes: The Best Rosemary Substitutes That Can Elevate Your Chicken
- Where To Buy Chicken Sausage Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- 3 Best Chicken For Smoking: What Type Of Chicken Is Best For Smoking?
- Where To Buy Buff Orpington Chicken Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- What To Serve With Chicken Chili Verde? 5 Healthy, Easy And Delicious Dishes
Just toss in some green or fruity salads to consume with chicken crispitos to balance the flavor as well as provide your body with more minerals and vitamins.
How many calories are in chicken crispitos?
This dish is high in calories, with one piece of chicken crispitos (about 77 grams) containing 180 calories, including 63 calories from fat.
Due to its deliciousness that makes you beg for more, on average, one person will consume at least two rolls of chicken crispitos, which will provide a total of 360 calories.
However, you can make it healthier by baking instead of deep-frying chicken crispitos, or serve this comfort food with more vegetables on the side.
How to choose the best chicken crispitos?
In case you don’t have time to make chicken crispitos from scratch, you can opt for the store-bought version.
With the following tips, you can choose the best chicken crispitos from a store, which turns out to be an economical way for a tasty dish.
1. Buy the baked chicken crispitos instead of the fried counterpart
Store-bought chicken crispitos are usually cooked so that you only need to reheat them to enjoy.
However, there are two ways to cook this dish, by frying or baking.
You should opt for the pre-baked chicken crispitos to reduce the fat content because the chicken crispitos are already high in calories themselves.
- Chicken Provencal – What To Serve With It? 5 Side Dishes To Choose
- Cooked Chicken Smells Like Ammonia: What Makes Chicken Smell Like Ammonia?
- What To Serve With Spicy Chicken Chili? 5 Great Side Dish Recipes To Accompany Spicy Chicken Chili
- 7 Amazing Cornell Chicken Side Dish Recipes To Wow Your Guests
- What To Serve With Tandoori Chicken? 6 Side Dishes Must Be Served With Tandoori Chicken
2. Inspect the condition of the package
The package of the chicken crispitos can partially tell us about the quality of the food.
There shouldn’t be any sign of damage like broken, torn, dirty, or blur inscription on the label.
Also, look for the information of the expiration date or best-by date to have a proper plan to store and consume these sticks.
3. Read the ingredient list to opt for your favorite flavor
As already mentioned, there is no fixed recipe for chicken crispitos.
Therefore, when shopping for this food item, you should read the ingredient list on the label carefully to make sure that the flavor of this product will satisfy your taste buds.
Where to buy chicken crispitos?
Chicken crispitos can be bought in many places throughout the country.
Look for this comfort food in the following places whenever you crave some:
1. Grocery store or supermarket
Chicken crispitos are usually sold frozen, so you can find this product in the freezer of a grocery store or supermarket.
Normally, you will have more options to choose from when shopping for chicken crispitos in a large and well-known supermarket like Walmart or Costco, and their products are also more reliable.
- Where To Buy Free Range Chicken Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Chicken Shahi Korma Vs Chicken Korma: What’s The Difference?
- What To Serve With City Chicken? 7 Simple But Delicious Side Dishes To Serve With Your City Chicken
- The Ultimate Guide To Chicken Parmigiana And Chicken Parmesan
- 4 Best Chicken For Tacos: Is There A Better Cut Of Chicken For Tacos?
If you are too busy to go out shopping, you totally can order chicken crispitos from many websites of numerous retailers.
Amazon and eBay also carry this product that allows you to buy it no matter where you live.
Now you don’t have to go to Mexico or spend hours in the kitchen to make chicken crispitos from scratch.
You can find this old-fashioned crispy fried goodness in most grocery stores or supermarkets in the country, or even online.
Now getting some chicken crispitos without leaving home is possible and easy.
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-08-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API