More people tend to consume organic foods to achieve better health.
If you are one of them and want to learn more about antibiotic-free chicken, this article is for you.
In the next sections, we will find out the tips and tricks about choosing chicken that is free from antibiotics.
Do you want to know where to buy antibiotic-free chicken?
What is antibiotic-free chicken?
Antibiotic-free chicken is any chicken that has not been treated with antibiotics during the raising time.
Antibiotics are used in animals to prevent disease and promote growth.
The World Health Organization (WHO) found that “antimicrobials, including tetracyclines, fluoroquinolones, and macrolides are routinely used for mass treatment of animals.” This means that the meat you eat might have antibiotics before it even reaches your table.
Antibiotics can be very helpful for humans but they also lead to antibiotic resistance which makes it harder for antibiotics to work when someone needs them most.
Poultry raised without antibiotics also tends to be more flavorful because they are more active than those who live on a diet rich in antibiotics.
How many calories are in antibiotic-free chicken?
Antibiotic-free chicken is likely to be leaner because the bird itself is more active and produces more lean meat.
Therefore, antibiotic-free chicken is lower in calories.
- Where To Buy Grass Fed Chicken Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Where To Buy Chicken Mince Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Tofu Vs Chicken: What’s The Difference?
- The Ultimate Guide To Chicken Parmigiana And Chicken Parmesan
- Quinoa Vs Chicken: What’s The Difference?
ON average, a serving size of four ounces (112 grams) of antibiotic-free skinless chicken breast will provide us with 130 calories.
Antibiotic-free chicken is also a great source of protein and some key nutrients like niacin, selenium, and phosphorus.
This is the reason why chicken, especially antibiotic-free chicken, is added to many diets that help support weight loss and build muscle.
How to choose the best antibiotic-free chicken?
There are some tips that will be mentioned below that will help you choose the best antibiotic-free chicken on the market and get rid of being fooled by immoral sellers:
1. Buy antibiotic-free from a reputable store
To make sure you can buy genuine antibiotic-free chicken, you should look for this meat cut in a reputable store.
It can be a local butcher shop, a large chain supermarket, or even an online retailer.
No matter where you buy, you should stick with the place that is trusted by many other consumers and can confidently publish the origins of their products.
2. Look for labels on the package
Another tip to ensure to buy high-quality antibiotic-free chicken is looking for a package of chicken that is labeled as organic chicken or antibiotic-free chicken.
Of course, a real label will look more delicate and sharper that helps you differentiate from the fake one.
- What To Serve With White Chicken Chili? 6 Great Sides To Serve With White Bean Chicken Chili
- Where To Buy Chicken Gumbo Soup Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Honey Garlic Chicken Is Not Meant To Be Eaten Alone – 4 Options To Consider
- Where To Buy Kosher Chicken Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- What Can I Serve With Chicken Fricassee? 4 Best Options You Can Try Today
You can also ask the seller about how chickens are raised and when it is slaughtered to build belief in their meat product.
3. Choose your favorite and suitable cut for your dish
There are different cuts of antibiotic-free chicken so that you can have various options to choose from when you crave chicken.
Depending on your planning dish, like making salad, roasting, or frying, you should pick the most suitable cut of chicken to result in the best dish with restaurant quality.
Where to buy antibiotic-free chicken?
With a vast number of meat producers, it is quite overwhelming to find a place that sells authentic antibiotic-free chicken.
Don’t worry, the following suggestions will guide you where you can buy antibiotic-free chicken on the market:
1. Local butcher
The first place to buy antibiotic-free chicken is at a local butcher shop.
It will be perfect to make friends with the butchers so that you can ask them ahead to save the antibiotic-free chicken for you because this organic meat cut is sought-after and can easily run out of stock.
2. Grocery store or supermarket
You can also find antibiotic-free chicken in a grocery store or supermarket.
Not all stores have this kind of chicken, so check its availability on their websites before you head to the store and pick the best one.
Normally, there is a higher chance that antibiotic-free chicken will be sold at a large chain supermarket like Walmart or Whole Foods rather than in the small and unreputable store.
3. Online retailers
- 5 Best Rosemary Substitutes In Chicken Dishes: The Best Rosemary Substitutes That Can Elevate Your Chicken
- What To Serve With Chicken Pasta Bake? 6 Best Side Dishes To Serve With Chicken Pasta Bake
- Chicken Ramen Vs Beef Ramen: What’s The Difference?
- Where To Buy Baby Chicken Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Where To Buy Chicken Crispitos Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
Antibiotic-free chicken is also available online, especially the organic stores that offer this kind of shopping.
You can also find it on some international platforms like Amazon or eBay that allow you to purchase antibiotic-free chicken wherever you are.
It will be ideal to touch and pick the best chicken in a store, but if you don’t have time, just make sure to read the reviews from other customers before making an online purchase.
We hope that you have learned something about antibiotic-free chicken and what it means for your health.
If so, please share this article with friends or family members who might be interested in cooking more organic food at home.
For those of you looking to buy antibiotic-free chicken, we recommend contacting a reputable local butcher or farmer’s market as they are well versed in the best practices for raising chickens without antibiotics and can point you in the right direction as far as where to purchase these products locally.
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-08-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API