Are you looking for a new way to cook up some pork?
Frying or roasting your pork to result in a crispy crackling layer and juicy meat inside is an amazing idea to spice up your meal.
Let’s accompany us if you want to learn more about the best cut of pork for a delicious crispy dish.
How to choose pork for crackling?
Who doesn’t want crispy skin on the pork with succulent meat under it when cooking some pork?
But it doesn’t mean that you can master this dish with any cut of pork.
We are here to help you with understanding which type of pork is best for those crunchy pieces.
Let’s take a look at the following tips to choose pork for crackling:
The key to achieving crispy skin when roasting or frying pork is that your pork cut needs to come with the skin, obviously.
Therefore, when shopping for pork for crackling, choose a cut with a thick layer of fat that is fully covered with skin.
The fat when cooked under a dry heat will be rendered and moisten the meat below it.
Another tip to choose pork for crackling is to opt for a cut that is well-marbled with some fat.
- Where To Buy Free Range Pork Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Where To Buy Mangalitsa Pork Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Where To Buy Iberico Pork Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- What To Serve With Pork Vindaloo? 6 Easy Side Dishes To Serve With Pork Vindaloo
- Pork Tenderloin Vs Pork Loin: What’s The Difference?
This helps you achieve not only a crispy skin layer but also succulent and juicy meat.
A fresh cut of pork will have a bright pink color while the fat layer is white instead of yellow.
When having a good cut of pork on hand, don’t forget to give the skin some slight scores with a sharp knife and rub it with salt before roasting it in the oven.
By doing this, the fat can be partially released while cooking and the skin can easily get crispy.
In general, the best cut of pork for crackling is a cut that is well-marbled or fatty rather than a lean and dry cut like pork loin or tenderloin.
So here we suggest the three best pork cuts that can result in cracklings:
1. Pork shoulder
Pork shoulder is perfect for crackling.
This cut is well-marbled and has a tough texture, so it is perfect for slow-roasting in the oven.
Pork shoulder is also an affordable cut so it can be added to your family’s weekly menu without breaking your budget.
- 4 Best Pork For Slow Cooker: Are Pork Slow Cooker Good?
- Where To Buy Pork Cheek Near Me? How Much Does It Cost?
- Where To Buy Pork Fat Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Where To Buy Beelers Pork Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Where To Buy Pork Rind Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
2. Pork butt
Another cut that can be used for crackling is a pork butt.
The reason is that the pork butt is very close to the pork shoulder.
It actually comes from the upper portion of the shoulder area of the animal instead of from the butt as the name implies.
Pork butt has a great fat amount and a tough texture that will be tenderized after being slow-roasted for at least an hour.
3. Pork belly
It will be a miss if we don’t have a good cut of pork belly for crackling.
Pork belly is a classic cut for roasting and results in a crispy skin layer with juicy and flavorful meat.
Many people might think cooking with a pork belly might be too greasy and fatty, but giving it a roast until the skin is cracked is actually an amazing way to have a delicious dish without any fuss.
- Where To Buy Ractopamine Free Pork Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Pork Roll Vs Scrapple: What’s The Difference?
- Where To Buy Pulled Pork Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- What Is The Best Side Dish To Serve With Pork Escalopes? 6 Amazing Companions To Pork Escalopes
- Where To Buy Rack Of Pork Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
The fat is rendered and moistens the meat, making it less greasy.
Meanwhile, the skin is crunchy and out of carbohydrates, so this dish can be a good candidate to add to your keto diet.
In the end, it is essential to choose a cut with a thick and large layer of fat and skin so that after roasting or frying, you can achieve a crispy crackling layer on the surface of the cut.
Not only do you need the right cooking method but also a good cut of pork.
Therefore, keep your eyes while selecting a good cut of pork shoulder, pork butt, or pork belly on the market to purchase a fresh, high-quality pork cut for the best crackling.
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-08-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API