Mango chicken is a delicious dish that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
However, not everyone knows how to pair it with the right side dish to complete the meal instead of turning it into a mess.
This post will give you some ideas for side dishes that will help complement mango chicken without any fuss.
Read on for some inspiration!
What is mango chicken?
Mango chicken has become a popular dish in many households across the United States, although it was believed to have an Asian origin.
As the name implies, this dish contains chunks of chicken and ripe mangoes.
The recipe can also call for other ingredients like bell pepper, onion, with various seasonings.
Mango chicken is easy to make from inexpensive and available ingredients that can be found in any grocery store or supermarket.
The resulting dish has a savory taste from the meat and a tangy taste from mangoes.
Mango chicken is a delicious dish that is often paired with one or several side dishes instead of being consumed alone.
Therefore, it is essential to choose the right side dish to complement mango chicken.
Here are some tips from us that can help you choose the good recipe to accompany your mango chicken:
- 5 Best Sauces To Serve With Chicken Kiev
- What To Serve With Coronation Chicken? 6 Must-try Side Dishes For Your Coronation Chicken
- What Starch To Serve With Chicken Cordon Bleu? 6 Filling Side Dishes To Satisfy Your Hunger
- 6 Delicious Sauces To Serve With Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 Best Chicken Cuts For Pasta: Does Chicken Go With Pasta?
Mango chicken comes with a tangy taste, so it is best to serve it with a mildly sweet side dish to have a balanced meal.
A creamy companion that contains dairy products like mayonnaise, cheese, or cream can also work too.
Mango chicken can goes well with different textures, from a starchy side, a vegetable dish, or a sauce
The good news is that mango chicken can go well with a variety of side dishes with different textures.
A starchy side dish like rice or other grains can be perfect to keep you full and easily absorb the sauce of the chicken dish.
A vegetable side is lighter, more refreshing, and packed with more nutrients.
Meanwhile, a sauce is quick to make and can add an extra kick to your main course.
Below is the list of the five best side dishes that are must-try with your mango chicken:
1. Coconut rice
- Contains 6- 8 Ounce Pouches of Lundberg Organic Fully Cooked...
- This organic white rice cooks with a light floral scent and...
- Lundberg Ready to Heat rice is specially crafted to be the...
A classic side dish to serve along with mango chicken is coconut rice.
Coconut rice is easy to make, and the resulting dish can literally impress anyone who eats it.
- 5 Best Sauces To Serve With Chicken Kiev
- Cooked Chicken Smells Like Ammonia: What Makes Chicken Smell Like Ammonia?
- Broiler Chicken Vs Country Chicken: What’s The Difference?
- Why Does Chicken Smell Like Ammonia? What Does Spoiled Chicken Smell Like?
- 6 Appetizing Sides To Complement Your Thai Peanut Chicken
The mildly sweet flavor of coconut makes this rice dish very suitable to balance the tangy and savory taste of mango chicken.
- SUPERIOR FLAVOR - Compared to other origins, Peruvian quinoa...
- GENUINELY ORGANIC – USDA certified, our single-source...
- AIDS IN WEIGHT MANAGEMENT - All-natural and gluten-free, our...
If you want a filling dish from grain, but are afraid of the high carb and sugar amount in your rice dish, quinoa is a good substitute.
Quinoa can be cooked in the same way as other grains, but the result is milder in flavor and packed with more healthy nutrients.
There are many recipes that call for quinoa, so just opt for the one that you like the most to serve alongside mango chicken for a nutritious and healthy meal without sacrificing flavor.
3. Sauteed vegetables
Sauteed vegetables are another good side dish to accompany your mango chicken.
There are different kinds of veggies out there, but some of the best types for sauteing are broccoli, green beans, spinach, bell pepper, squash, cauliflower, or carrots.
The tip is to add some garlic to your sauteed veggie recipe to enhance the flavor of the dish.
A salad can literally work with any meat-based dish.
Moreover, you have a diverse collection when it comes to making salads.
Normally, a tangy green or fruit salad works best with a meat dish, but since your mango chicken already contains mangoes, tropical fruit with a tangy and pleasant flavor, you will find a creamy salad like potato salad or macaroni salad more suitable.
- What To Serve With Lemon Pepper Chicken? 5 Best Side Dishes To Go With Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 3 Best Chicken For Enchiladas: Can Enchiladas Be Made Of Chicken?
- Baked Vs Roasted Chicken: What’s The Difference?
- What To Serve With Chicken Burritos? 6 Accompaniments That Perfectly Accompany Chicken Burritos
- 3 Chicken Cuts That Are Best For Caesar Salad
5. Mango sauce
Let’s add some extra zing to the dish by serving your mango chicken with a mango sauce.
Mango sauce is made with ripe mangoes and it has a tangy taste that makes your mango chicken even saucier and tastier.
We have put together five side dishes that we find best to serve along with mango chicken.
Whether you are looking for a filling and complicated side or light and quick companion, we have got you covered.
Give them a try and then let us know which side dish works best with your mango chicken.
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-08-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API