Pork belly is a meat that can be served as part of breakfast, lunch or dinner.
It’s usually roasted and then sliced before serving.
But what does pork belly do to your figure?
Should you eat it before heading out on the town?
This blog post will explore whether or not pork belly is fattening and how much fat it contains.
Is pork fat healthy or unhealthy?
Pork fat is often consumed in the form of bacon, ham, and sausage.
Pork fat has a high saturated fat content which most nutritionists recommend you limit because it can lead to clogged arteries and heart disease.
However, pork does not contain any cholesterol or trans fats like other red meats such as beef.
- Frying Pork Belly These 7 Easy Steps
- Is Pork Belly Healthy? The Truth About Pork Belly
- Where To Buy Pork Belly Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- What To Serve With Pork Belly Buns? 6 Great Side Dish Ideas To Pair With Your Pork Belly Bao Buns
- Fat Back Vs Pork Belly: What’s The Difference?
If you are healthy enough to consume pork-based foods then go ahead but just be mindful how much you eat!
Remember that all meat contains some level of saturated fats so it’s best to have your protein from plant sources too if possible.
How many calories are in cooked pork belly?
You might be wondering how many calories are in pork belly.
The answer to this question may surprise you, as a single serving of cooked pork belly has nearly 400 calories! That’s a lot more than your average piece of meat, and it is important to keep that in mind when cooking with pork.
You can always serve less if you want to keep the calorie count lower.
The downside is that there are so many delicious ways for preparing pork belly; once you start, it’ll be hard to stop!
Is there anything wrong with indulging every now and then?
- Vegan Pork Belly Substitutes: What Vegan-friendly Ingredients Can Be Used In Place Of Pork Belly?
- Pork Belly Vs Bacon: What’s The Difference?
- What Is The Difference Between Pork Belly And Side Pork?
- What To Serve With Pork Belly Burnt Ends? 7 Great Side Dishes That Work Well With Pork Belly Burnt Ends
- 7 Steps To Carve Perfectly Cooked & Tasty Pork Belly
We don’t think so either!
Just make sure not to overdo it on the portion size or else those extra calories will add up quickly.
Is pork belly fattening to eat?
Pork belly is a fattening food, right? Well not so fast.
The fat content in pork belly can be misleading and if you are trying to lose weight, it might not be the best option for your diet.
Pork does contain protein which is good for you and also contains vitamin B12 and zinc which help with muscle development.
So, while pork belly may contain more calories than other meat options, it does have some benefits too!
- What To Serve With Pork Belly? 6 Side Dishes To Serve With Your Pork Belly Dishes
- How To Bake Pork Belly? Learn How To Properly Bake Pork Belly And Enjoy It In Many Dishes
- 4 Most Popular Ways To Reheat Pork Belly For Home-cooking
- Pork Belly Vs Pork Loin: What’s The Difference?
- 5 Best Side Dishes To Serve With Asian Crispy Pork Belly
The fat content of pork belly is higher than other cuts of meat.
However, it’s a good source for protein and can be very satisfying to eat.
We hope these facts about pork bellies help guide you towards making more mindful dietary decisions when eating them in the future!
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-08-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API