Pork belly is a fatty cut of pork that can be cooked in many different ways.
It’s often slow-cooked, but this blog will show you how to fry it up quickly and easily!
We will provide you with a step-by-step guide on the process of frying, including what ingredients are needed.
We hope you enjoy it!
How long to fry pork belly?
Before you fry your pork belly, it’s important to know how long to fry it for.
If you want a crispy pork belly, then cook it in oil at 325 degrees Fahrenheit until it reaches an internal temperature of 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
This will take about 15 minutes per pound of meat. If you are looking for a more juicy result, then lower the cooking temp down to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for around 20 minutes.
4 tips to fry pork belly
We all know that fried pork belly is delicious, but it can be a little tricky to make.
This part will provide you with some tips on how to fry pork belly!
1. Fry the pork belly in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pan
The secret to frying pork belly is in maintaining a perfect balance of heat and the right amount of oil.
Fry your bacon slowly, making sure not to overcrowd the pan at any time or it will burn rather quickly.
The best way for you to fry up crispy strips of deliciousness with little trouble is by doing so one batch at a time!
2. Once cooked, remove from heat and let cool for about 10 minutes before serving
Pork belly is a fatty cut of meat that typically has to be cooked for an extended period at high heat.
Once the skin side starts browning, flip over until both sides are crispy golden brown (about 10 minutes) then remove from heat and let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
3. Drain excess oil by laying it flat in a dish lined with paper towels
When cooking pork belly, it’s important to do so in a way that maximizes its flavor and cutability.
One helpful tip is to place the cooked meat on paper towels or newspaper for 5-10 minutes before cutting into cubes, slices, etc., as this will help absorb any excess oil from frying.
4. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder before serving
Pork belly can be cooked in a variety of ways, but we prefer frying it in our cast iron skillet.
The key is to season the meat before serving and then fry on medium-high heat for about ten minutes per side.
For an added touch, sprinkle with garlic powder just like you would fried chicken spices!
How to fry pork belly?
- Frying pan
- Cooking oil
- Paper towels
- Knife to chop the pork belly into small pieces before frying it
- Tongs for flipping the meat while cooking it in the pan
Time needed: 1 hour and 15 minutes.
The process of frying pork belly is simple, but it can be intimidating to those who are unsure of what they’re doing. If you’ve never tried cooking before, this blog post will provide all the steps and equipment needed to fry pork belly with ease!
- Cut the pork belly into 1 inch thick pieces
- In a large bowl, mix together soy sauce, honey, red wine vinegar, and garlic
- Place the meat in a shallow dish and pour over with marinade
- Cover and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight if possible
- Heat up oil in a frying pan until it is hot enough – you can test this by throwing in some of the leftover marinades
- Fry each side of the pork belly for about 5 minutes on low heat until cooked through (you may need to turn them over)
- Remove from the frying pan and drain off any excess fat or oil with paper towels
The process of frying pork belly is quite simple.
You may need to try it a couple of times before you perfect it, but once you do, the crispy and delicious meal will satisfy your tastebuds!
We hope this article has provided some great information on how to fry up tasty pieces of pork.
Thanks for reading our blog today!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?