Boiled pork belly is a hearty, filling meal that can be prepared in minutes.
It’s perfect for those days when you don’t have a lot of time to cook but still want something satisfying and delicious.
This post will show you how to boil pork belly with simple, easy-to-follow instructions so that you can enjoy this tasty meal at home.
How long to boil pork belly?
It is important to know how long to boil pork belly.
The length of time depends on the size and thickness of the pork belly.
If you are using a large, thick piece, your cooking time will be longer than if you use a small, thin one.
It also depends on whether or not you want crispy skin in the end result.
A good guideline for boiling times is 30 minutes per inch of thickness for soft boiled, 45 minutes per inch for medium boiled, and 60 minutes per inch for hard boiled with 10-minute increments in between those three ranges as needed.
4 tips to boil pork belly
Pork belly is a fatty meat that needs to be boiled for long periods of time in order to tenderize it.
Cooking pork belly the right way can take up to 6 hours, but there are some steps you can do beforehand that will shorten cooking time and keep your kitchen clean! Below I have outlined four tips on how to boil pork belly.
1. Add an onion or garlic clove into the pot with salt and pepper
It’s important to add some onion or garlic with salt and pepper into the pot when boiling pork belly.
This will really bring out all of that flavor in your dish and help keep your pork belly from becoming rubbery.
2. Bring water to a rolling boil and place the meat in boiling water
Boiling pork belly is a process that should be done with care.
It’s important to have water boiling before you put the meat in, and let it boil for at least four minutes.
Once the time has elapsed, remove from heat immediately so as not to overcook or over-crisscross your food!
3. Turn down the heat so that it simmers instead of boils
There are many ways to cook pork belly, but the key is not boiling it.
In order for your meat to stay moist and juicy – turn down the heat so that it simmers instead of boils
4. Cover with a lid so it stays moist inside then turn off the stove after 2 hours
One way to make the perfect pork belly is by boiling it. This step-by-step process includes covering with a lid so that moisture stays inside and turning off the stove after 2 hours of cooking time has passed, then finally removing the lid for a final sautéing in oil or butter until crispy on both sides.
How to boil pork belly?
- A pot to boil the pork belly in
- Tongs and a spoon for stirring
- Salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper for flavoring the pork belly before it is boiled
- Cutting board and knife to cut up the pork belly into slices after boiling it
- Paper towels or cloths to dry off the cooked meat after boiling it
Time needed: 45 minutes.
This blog post will teach you how to boil pork belly so that it is delicious and not dry. It’s a simple process with few steps, but the outcome is worth it!
- First, you should clean the outside of your piece of meat and pat it dry.
- To cook pork belly, first, place it in a pot of cold water. Add all the spices you want to use- salt, pepper, and any other seasonings that sound good!
- Cut the pork belly into 1-inch cubes and place in a pot with cold water. After it comes to a boiling point, you can turn down the heat to low and leave it simmering for 20 minutes or until cooked through before turning off the stovetop burner completely.
- Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes before draining off any excess liquid. Then, you can let cool slightly before slicing it into thin strips.
- Serve with soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic cloves, scallions, sesame oil, and chili peppers; can also be served with other sauces like hoisin sauce or sweet-and-sour sauce.
Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy meal or just want to try something new, boiling pork belly is the way to go. This post has given you all of the instructions that are needed in order to successfully prepare this dish at home. We hope you enjoy it!