Whether you’re serving up fried chicken sandwiches for dinner or packing it in a picnic basket for a summer outing, the following side dishes are sure to be a hit!
Keep reading our post to find out the best side dish recipe that you want to serve with your fried chicken sandwiches the next time.
A fried chicken sandwich is actually a piece of crispy fried chicken on a bun with other ingredients like veggies and sauces.
It is one of the most popular dishes in the United States, as fried chicken sandwiches are easy and quick to make for a hearty meal.
The combination of crispy, juicy chicken, soft buns, and other delicious and crunchy raw veggies will definitely satisfy even the pickiest eater.
There are many options for side dishes when it comes to a fried chicken sandwich.
Therefore, it is essential to choose the recipe that works best with your main course.
The tips below can help you have the right accompaniment to serve alongside fried chicken sandwiches:
Choose the side dish that will complement the flavor of your fried chicken sandwich instead of overwhelming it.
For example, the sandwich often comes with a salty and savory taste, or a tangy flavor from the veggies and sauce, you should serve it with something slightly sweet and mild.
If your sandwich is a bit sweet and salty with the use of cheese, a refreshing and tangy taste from veggies is the best flavor to offset the main course.
Since fried chicken is not a healthy option on its own, a fried chicken sandwich is definitely not a good item to eat every day.
Therefore, when choosing a side dish for a fried chicken sandwich, just avoid a frying recipe or one that is high in calories or fat.
These comfort foods are great, but they shouldn’t be treated as a daily option, with fried chicken sandwiches.
- What To Serve With Chicken Pasta? 6 Delicious Side Dish Ideas To Serve With Chicken Pasta
- Where To Buy Chicken Soup Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- 6 Delicious Sauces To Serve With Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Vegan Substitutes For Chicken: The Best 4 Vegan-friendly Replacements For Chicken
- What To Serve With Garlic Parmesan Chicken? 6 Side Dishes That Go Well With Garlic Parmesan Chicken
Here we have listed down the six best side dishes that are worth trying with your fried chicken sandwiches.
Check out and see which one is your favorite:
1. Mac and cheese
Mac and cheese is a classic side dish that pairs well with different kinds of meat-based dishes.
This American staple is easy and quick to make with two simple ingredients which are macaroni pasta and a creamy cheese sauce.
A bowl of mac and cheese on the side of a fried chicken sandwich can literally satisfy your hunger with delicious flavors, but they are not a good option for your health in the long term.
You can also serve your fried chicken sandwich with cornbread.
Cornbread is one of the easiest baking recipes, and it is a great way to make use of cornmeal.
This dish is associated with South cuisine as well as in many Latin countries.
It has a mildly sweet taste of corn and is also very affordable.
- Tonkatsu Vs Chicken Katsu: What’s The Difference?
- Chicken Ramen Vs Beef Ramen: What’s The Difference?
- What To Serve With Creamy Chicken? 7 Side Dish Recipes To Pair With Your Creamy Chicken
- Where To Buy Hormone Free Chicken Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Where To Buy Minced Chicken Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
Pickles are another good side dish that can easily balance the savory and greasy taste of your fried chicken sandwiches.
Pickles are made by fermenting crunchy raw veggies so that the crunchiness remains after the process while the sour taste makes it perfect to offset the rich taste of any meat-based dish.
4. Green collards with ham
Green collards can be another suggestion for you to pair with a fried dish.
Just sprinkle some crispy bacon or ham over your green collards to make the dish more flavorful and appealing.
5. French fries
French fries, or fried potatoes, are finger food that you can easily make at home or find in any fast-food restaurant.
French fries are crispy and have a mild flavor on their own, but you can sprinkle any kind of powdered spice over it for a more flavorful finish.
A fried chicken sandwich with a package of French fries is just a perfect combo for a treat day.
- What To Serve With Green Chicken Chili? 6 Side Dish Recipes To Pair With Your Green Chicken Chili
- What To Serve With Creamy Tuscan Chicken? 7 Ways To Elevate Your Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- 7 Best Chicken Chili Cookbooks: The Ultimate Guide To Chicken Chili
- What To Serve With Chicken Ala King? 5 Ways To Serve The Dish
- 5 Best Side Dishes To Serve With Mesquite Chicken
It’s time to be back to a healthy and nutritious companion to serve with fried chicken sandwiches.
Salads can be made with a variety of veggies or fruits, either raw or cooked, with different salad dressings.
Therefore, there are countless options for you to choose from.
Just opt for a recipe that you prefer and can complement the savory taste of your sandwich.
Fried chicken sandwiches are great for different occasions, and they pair well with a variety of side dishes, from a starchy to a vegetable recipe.
Just try them all and you will find out which one makes your family happy and enjoy your meal the most.
After that, we would love to hear from which fried chicken sandwiches’ side dish you or your family prefer.
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-08-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API