If you are looking for an easy and delicious weeknight meal, look no further than creamy mushroom chicken.
This dish is simple to make and can be served with a variety of side dishes, making it the perfect option for even a busy night or a special occasion.
Plus, the creamy mushroom sauce is sure to please everyone in your family.
So give this post a closer look and you won’t regret it!
What is creamy mushroom chicken?
Creamy mushroom chicken is a dish that features chicken cooked in a creamy sauce with mushrooms, as the name implies.
Either white meat chicken or dark meat chicken can work in this case.
The sauce is often made from cream, butter, garlic, broth, and a thickening agent.
The use of mushrooms gives the dish umami and earthy taste so that the whole dish will be more balanced and palatable.
This dish is easy to make and it doesn’t require hard-to-find ingredients, so you can have creamy mushroom chicken for a weeknight meal without any fuss.
Otherwise, for those who are fans of store-bought products, this dish can be found in cans that are sold in many grocery stores or supermarkets.
It is already cooked and only needs to be reheated before serving.
So what to keep in mind when choosing a side dish for creamy mushroom chicken?
The following tip can help:
The first thing you should consider is that a starchy side dish is a perfect choice because its texture can help absorb the sauce and the flavor of the main dish.
Although a starchy dish (like rice, bread, or potatoes) often has a mild flavor on its own, pairing it with a flavorful meat-based dish will make it taste much more flavorful.
When the whole family or your guests are waiting for your dishes, it is better if you can determine the cooking time of each dish and make sure that no one will have to wait for your food.
You can make use of the time while the chicken is simmered in the creamy sauce with mushrooms to make a side dish to save some time.
Here are the six side dishes that we find best to serve with creamy mushroom chicken.
Read on to choose the recipe that is ideal for your taste buds:
- 365 by Whole Foods Market products give you that...
Pasta is the first recommendation that we want you to try with your creamy mushroom chicken.
It is a classic side dish that goes well with a creamy sauce in Italian cuisine, therefore, the pasta will really be worth the try.
There are many different types of pasta, like spaghetti, angel hair pasta, ravioli, penne, or fusilli to name a few, so it all depends on your preference to choose your favorite variety of pasta.
2. Garlic baked potato wedges
- 5-pound bag of gold potatoes
- No preservatives
- Grown in the United States
Another thing you can serve with creamy mushroom chicken is garlic baked potato wedges.
You can use either regular potatoes or sweet potatoes, but don’t forget to marinate them with some garlic powder or freshly chopped garlic and some sprinkled herbs to enhance the flavor of your dish.
Potatoes can help keep you fuller and when combined with garlic, the flavor blends well with chicken and mushrooms, resulting in a perfect and balanced meal.
- What To Serve With Chicken Adobo? 6 Best Side Dishes To Pair With Chicken Adobo
- What’s The Best Side Dish To Serve With Hunters’ Chicken?
- What To Serve With Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs? 8 Recipes To Complement Your Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs
- 5 Best Side Dishes To Serve With Mesquite Chicken
- What To Serve With Jerk Chicken And Rice? 5 Best Side Dishes That Go Well With Jerk Chicken And Rice
3. Rice pilaf
- Premium long grain rice, toasted orzo and a delicious blend...
- Made with 100% natural, certified kosher ingredients
- Cooks in five minutes; a quick and creative alternative to...
You can also try rice pilaf on the side of your creamy mushroom chicken.
This rice dish is a staple in the Middle East and some Latin countries.
It is a flavorful version of regular steamed white rice.
There are many ingredients that are used in the recipe to make plain rice taste bolder, including stock, spices, vegetables, and even some meat.
Rice pilaf can be made at home effortlessly, but you can even find it sold in the grocery store is packaged, and already cooked.
4. Mashed cauliflower
- With Alexia Mashed Cauliflower with Sea Salt, you don't have...
- Farm-grown cauliflower gets simmered to tenderness, then...
- A great replacement for rice or potatoes, this rich and...
Instead of making mashed potatoes as the classic American side dish, you can try mashed cauliflower.
This dish has a white color and a smooth texture that is lighter than mashed potatoes.
With a nutty and earthy taste and the note of creamy and milky flavor from dairy products, mashed cauliflower will be sure to satisfy your palate and pair well with creamy mushroom chicken.
5. Steamed vegetables
- One 10.8 oz bag of Birds Eye Steamfresh Broccoli,...
- Frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots offer quick...
- Flavorful vegetable medley contains carrots, broccoli and...
For those who want to add some vitamins and minerals to their diet, steamed vegetables will be a good accompaniment for creamy mushroom chicken.
There are some vegetables that are ideal for steaming, from leafy greens to root veggies, but one thing in common is that they are very nutritious, affordable, and easy to prepare.
- 7 Best Drinks To Pair With White Chicken Chili
- Red Meat Vs Chicken: What’s The Difference?
- Where To Buy Chicken Bacon Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Chicken Fingers: 6 Side Dishes For Everyone
- What To Serve With A Chicken Mole? 7 Best Side Dishes To Serve With Your Chicken Mole
6. Green salad
- Usda Organic, excellent source of Vitamin K & a
The last option to serve with creamy mushroom chicken is a green salad.
Green salads can come in many variations depending on what ingredients you use in the recipe.
But a green salad is always crunchy, refreshing, and very healthy.
It can offset the rich taste of creamy mushroom chicken and make your meal more balanced.
As you can see, creamy mushroom chicken goes well with a variety of side dishes.
This means you will never get frustrated about looking for a good side dish to accompany the creamy mushroom chicken.
Just give all of these companion options a try then you can find out the one that you like the most on the side of creamy mushroom chicken.
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-08-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API