There are countless recipes to cook chicken, and creamy chicken is one of the most favorites of all ages.
But what to serve with this creamy dish to complete your meal?
There are some ideas in this article that you can try to pair with your creamy chicken next time.
Let’s check it out!
Creamy chicken can be any chicken dish in which the chicken comes with a creamy sauce.
Normally, boneless skinless chicken breast is the most common cut for a creamy chicken recipe.
The sauce can be made with various ingredients, typically one or several dairy products like cream, buttermilk, milk, cheese, or yogurt, with mushrooms, spices, and herbs to enhance the flavor.
The chicken is usually cooked in a skillet on the stovetop to get a nice golden and crispy crust, then simmered in the creamy sauce for a while before serving.
This dish is often served with other sides rather than being eaten alone.
There are a lot of options to serve with your creamy chicken.
But not all are treated equally.
So how to make sure that you have chosen the right side dish to accompany your creamy chicken?
Here are some helpful tips:
Since creamy chicken typically comes with a creamy sauce, it is best to serve with a starchy side dish that can absorb this delicious sauce with ease.
You can opt for a grain-based dish like rice, pasta, bread, or potatoes.
- Where To Buy Chicken Gumbo Soup Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- What To Serve With Chicken Wild Rice Soup? 5 Best Side Dishes That Pair Well With Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Which Is Healthier, Chicken Or Beef? A Complete Comparison
- 5 Best Side Dishes To Serve With Thai Red Curry Chicken
- What To Serve With Chili Lime Chicken? 6 Delicious Side Dish Recipes To Pair With Your Chili Lime Chicken
It is also essential to pair creamy chicken with a vegetable-based side dish.
The crunchy texture and refreshing flavor of vegetables, especially raw veggies, can help offset the rich and savory taste of your chicken dish, making your meal more balanced and palatable.
Now, it’s time to delve into the seven best side dishes to accompany your creamy chicken:
1. Steamed rice
- Premium, high quality long grain extra white rice
- A healthy staple for any meal. Sodium-free, fat-free,...
- An American-made product grown in Arkansas on a family-owned...
Steamed rice is a simple and classic side dish to serve with creamy chicken.
Steamed white rice is a common dish in Asian cuisine, and it is very affordable.
But you totally can opt for brown rice to alternate white rice because brown rice is considered healthier and more nutritious with a lower level of sugar and carbs.
The starchy texture and mild flavor of steamed rice make it perfect to enjoy with a saucy dish like creamy chicken.
- Variety pack includes: 4 Farfalle, 4 Elbows and 4 Rotini
Another starchy side that is perfect to serve with creamy chicken is pasta.
Creamy chicken is often served over pasta to have a complete meal that is delicious and hearty.
You only need to boil pasta until it is fully cooked.
Normally, this process only takes a couple of minutes, and you can have a good companion to enjoy with your creamy chicken in no time.
- 10 Chicken Cookbooks To Help You Cook Like A Pro
- 4 Best Chicken For Tacos: Is There A Better Cut Of Chicken For Tacos?
- What To Serve With Ratatouille Chicken? 5 Amazing Recipes To Serve With Ratatouille Chicken
- 4 Best Chicken For Grilling: Four Chicken Cuts Will Surely Result In The Best Grill Chicken Dish
- Where To Buy Smoked Chicken Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- CONVENIENT 6 PACKS COMBO: It contains 6 packs of 3 delicious...
- LIGHT AND CRISPY – Bauducco has created a line of toasts...
- MORE CONVENIENT THAN BREAD: our toasts are ready to eat, and...
Serving some toast on the side of the creamy chicken is a good idea too.
Toast, or any other kind of bread, can easily soak up the creamy sauce of your creamy chicken dish.
It is also easy to make or buy on the market at a very reasonable price.
4. Mashed potatoes
- The ultimate classic. Russet potatoes, butter, milk and...
- Serves 4
- 160 calories per 4-oz serving
Mashed potatoes are an American classic side dish to accompany a meat dish.
This dish can be made even by your kid.
You only need to mash boiled potatoes and mix them with other ingredients like cream, milk, or other spices and herbs for a more flavorful taste.
5. Roasted veggies
- Urban Accents Manchego & Roasted Garlic
- Country of origin is United States
- The package dimension of the product is 6"L x 5"W x 4"H
For those who are looking for a healthier and lighter companion to serve with creamy chicken, roasted vegetables can be the way to go.
This dish is made by roasting vegetables like asparagus, broccoli, eggplants, or carrots with a bit of olive oil and spices.
6. Steamed green beans
- One 10.8 oz bag of Birds Eye Steamfresh Whole Green Beans...
- Frozen whole green beans offer quick, easy prep
- Flash frozen green beans lock in fresh flavor
A simpler vegetable side dish to enjoy with your creamy chicken is steamed green beans.
This recipe doesn’t add any fat to your dish, so the resulting dish is so light, nutritious, and healthy.
- Where To Buy Chicken Steak Umm Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- What To Serve With Swiss Chicken? 6 Side Dishes You Must Try With Swiss Chicken
- What To Serve With Chicken Empanadas? 7 Side Dishes That Go Perfectly With Chicken Empanadas
- 4 Ways To Serve Chicken Schnitzel
- What To Serve With Chicken Enchiladas? 6 Best Side Dishes To Go With Chicken Enchiladas
It also has a green color that is in contrast to the milky and golden chicken dish, making your meal look more appealing.
Last but not least, a bowl of salad is a great candidate to serve along with a plate of creamy chicken.
There are a variety of salads, so it all depends on your preference to opt for your favorite recipe.
However, we highly recommend a green or fruit salad with a tangy and light dressing that contains citrus juice.
If you have never tried creamy chicken, now is the time to make it!
There are many options that can be paired well with your creamy chicken, and we have narrowed the list to the six best side dishes after all.
We recommend trying these suggestions, in turn, to figure out which recipe works best with your creamy chicken per your opinion.
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-08-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API