There is nothing quite like a fresh and delicious chicken wrap.
But what to serve with it?
You will find some great ideas in this post to make your chicken wraps even better without any fuss.
What are chicken wraps?
Chicken wraps are a type of wrap with the filling consisting of shredded chicken and other ingredients like shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, and a kind of sauce, while the wrapper is often flour tortillas.
They are actually very versatile and can be filled with all sorts of delicious ingredients.
Chicken wraps can be healthy or not depending on the ingredients and how you cook them.
But normally, chicken is grilled and wrapped with other raw veggies, making it low in fat and calories, in general.
Chicken wraps are a great way to use up leftovers.
Plus, they are perfect for on-the-go meals, or a quick but nutritious dish to enjoy at any time of the day.
You might be wondering what side dish would be perfect for your Italian chicken wraps among the different kinds of options out there.
So here are some key factors that you should keep in mind when choosing a side dish for chicken wraps:
You can serve your chicken wrap with a healthy side dish that is made from vegetables or grain.
But since the wraps themselves are already relatively healthy, it will be fine to pair this dish with something to treat your meal like a fried snack.
- 5 Best Side Dishes For Jalapeño Popper Chicken
- 3 Gluten-free Substitutes For The Cream Of Chicken Soup: A Solution For Gluten Intolerants
- The Unfair Difference Between Chicken and Hen Meat
- What To Serve With Chicken Supreme? 6 Amazing Sides To Accompany Chicken Supreme
- Salmon Vs Chicken: What’s The Difference?
Potato chips or fried tortillas can both work.
They also add a satisfying crunchy texture to make your meal more appealing and delicious.
There are no fixed recipes for chicken wraps.
They can come in different flavors due to the spices or sauces used with the ingredients.
Therefore, when choosing a good side dish to accompany your little wraps, make sure to choose something that will complement the flavor profile of the main dish.
Now, let’s figure out the six side dishes that are perfect to serve with chicken wraps:
1. Roasted vegetables
- One 14 oz bag of Birds Eye Oven Roasters Sweet Potatoes,...
- A great way to enjoy roasted veggies with no hassle prep
- Frozen sweet potatoes, frozen carrots and frozen potatoes...
Roasted vegetables are a classic side dish to accompany any meat-based entree.
Basically, any kind of vegetables can be roasted, but some common choices that are perfect for this roasting recipe are carrots, potatoes, asparagus, eggplants, and broccoli.
Roasting gives these veggies a nice flavor and it is also quick to make without any fuss.
2. Black bean salad
- BEANS: Tender, delicious and great as a standalone side dish...
- FIBER: Black Beans are a good source of fiber that’s easy...
- PANTRY STAPLES: A versatile and filling food staple that can...
You can also serve your chicken wraps with a black bean salad.
This kind of salad is commonly eaten in Latin cuisine, especially Mexican cuisine.
- 9 Side Dishes To Serve With Curried Chicken
- What To Serve With Garlic Parmesan Chicken? 6 Side Dishes That Go Well With Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- What To Serve With Chicken Parmesan Besides Pasta? 5 Options To Consider
- Cooked Chicken Smells Like Eggy Sulfur: What Makes My Cooked Chicken Smell Like Rotten Eggs?
- 4 Best Side Dishes To Serve With Chicken Fajitas
It contains different ingredients besides boiled black beans, including corn kernels, red bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, avocado, garlic, herbs, and a light and refreshing dressing from lime juice, olive oil, salt, and other spices.
The resulting dish has a vibrant look with a flavorful taste that will blow in your mouth.
3. Baked potatoes
- Made with fresh potatoes and real milk, butter, sour cream...
- No artificial colors or flavors
- Fully Baked
Baked potatoes are another good accompaniment for chicken wraps.
This side dish can be made with either regular potatoes or sweet potatoes depending on your preference.
Top your baked potatoes with butter or cream for a creamier and buttery finish to your dish.
- Rich, spicy salsa flavor
- Great for sharing with family and friends
- 4 pack of 15.5 ounce jars
Salsa is a traditional side dish in Mexican cuisine, and there is no reason why it shouldn’t be served with your chicken wraps.
The eye-catching appearance and refreshing taste of salsa will make your meal even healthier, more nutritious, and more palatable.
5. Potato chips
- Pack of 40 one ounce bags
- Made with three ingredients: potatoes, oil and salt
- Gluten free. State of Readiness: Ready to Eat
Potato chips are a favorite snack of all ages, but they can work as a perfect side dish to a variety of meat-based entrees.
The crispy texture of these chips is just so satisfying to keep you asking for more.
They can come in different flavors depending on the powdered spices you use to sprinkle over potato chips.
- 5 Perfect Vegan/Vegetarian Substitutes For Cream of Chicken Soup
- What To Serve With Fried Chicken Sandwiches? 6 Side Dishes That Are Worth Trying With Fried Chicken Sandwiches
- Where To Buy Chicken Bacon Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- What To Serve With Chicken Parm? 5 Easy Yet Delicious Side Dishes For Chicken Parm
- What To Serve With Chicken Gumbo? 8 Delicious Side Dish Ideas To Serve With Chicken Gumbo
6. Mustard sauce
- 365 by Whole Foods Market products give you that...
What about some mustard sauce on the side of chicken wrap?
If you want something more challenging but can be made effortlessly, mustard sauce is a good option to serve as a dipping sauce for your chicken wraps.
It adds a pungent and slightly spicy kick to boost your palate and make the chicken wrap taste even better.
Chicken wraps are generally a healthy and nutritious dish that pairs well with different side dishes with different textures and flavor profiles.
With the six aforementioned ideas above, hopefully, we have helped spice up your meal with delicious and easy-to-make recipes.
Which chicken wrap side dish do you find the best?
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-08-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API