When the temperature starts to drop, there is nothing like a steaming bowl of chicken wild rice soup to make you feel warm and cozy inside.
This classic dish is perfect for a winter meal, but what can you serve with it to complete the meal?
You can find some ideas in this article.
Let’s check it out!
Chicken wild rice soup is a flavorful dish that is perfect for a cold winter day when you want something comforting, yet still hearty and satisfying.
The dish typically consists of wild rice, or brown rice, chicken breast, with vegetables like carrots, onion, and celery that are simmered in a rich chicken broth and finished with dairy products, such as cream and milk to achieve a creamy and hearty texture.
This soup includes all essential nutrients from meat, rice, and veggies.
It is also fairly easy to make, so why not warm up your kitchen with a pot of this delicious soup this winter season?
There are many different types of side dishes that go well with chicken wild rice soup.
But which one is the best for you?
Here are some things to consider before you decide which side dish you are going to make to accompany your chicken rice soup:
A good side dish for chicken wild rice soup can be a light-textured one that is also very beneficial to your health.
Otherwise, you can also opt for a more hearty and filling accompaniment to pair with chicken wild rice soup.
It all depends on your preference to choose between these two options.
- What To Serve With Pork And Beans? 6 Side Dish Ideas To Serve With Your Pork And Beans
- 6 Appetizing Salads To Accompany Your Butter Chicken
- Where To Buy Jerk Chicken Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- What To Serve With Chicken Vol Au Vents? 5 Ideas To Serve Up Your Chicken Vol Au Vents
- 4 Ways To Serve Chicken Schnitzel
Since chicken wild rice soup goes well with both a sweet side dish or a savory one, you can consider these two choices of flavor profiles for your chicken rice soup’s accompaniment.
If you are serving these dishes for your family, it is better to make several side dishes so that everyone has their own favorite to satisfy their taste buds.
Below are the five side dishes that we find the most suitable to accompany chicken wild rice soup, no matter what meal of the day you are going to serve them:
1. Buttermilk biscuits
Buttermilk biscuits are a Southern staple that goes well with chicken wild rice soup.
This is also one of the classic side dishes when it comes to chicken soup.
This dish is fluffy and light with a subtle tanginess from the buttermilk.
Making your own buttermilk biscuits is easy, and the results are well worth the effort.
2. Ham and cheese roll-ups
Ham and cheese roll-ups are a crowd favorite.
- Where To Buy Chicken Giblets Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- 7 Best Chicken Chili Cookbooks: The Ultimate Guide To Chicken Chili
- Chicken Provencal – What To Serve With It? 5 Side Dishes To Choose
- 9 Side Dishes To Serve With Curried Chicken
- What To Serve With Ratatouille Chicken? 5 Amazing Recipes To Serve With Ratatouille Chicken
These little roll-ups do not only have an eye-catching appearance but also a yummy taste.
They can be used as an appetizer before serving your chicken wild rice soup, or you can eat these two dishes side by side by dipping each roll into the soup for a creamier and more savory taste.
3. Grilled cheese sandwich
You can also try serving chicken wild rice soup with grilled cheese sandwiches.
The simplest version includes cheese that is placed between two toasts before grilling so that the resulting dish is cheesy and salty.
But you totally can add other ingredients like tomato jam, bacon jam, or chutney to make your grilled cheese sandwiches more flavorful.
4. Garlic bread
Garlic bread is another good option to serve with your chicken wild rice soup.
Garlic bread is very easy to make because it actually refers to slices of bread that are topped with garlic and melted butter or olive oil.
The flavor of garlic goes well with chicken, that’s why this couple appears in many recipes so far.
- What To Serve With Nashville Hot Chicken? 6 Best Side Dishes To Serve With Your Nashville Hot Chicken
- Burger Vs Chicken Sandwich: What’s The Difference?
- Which Is Better For You, Rabbit Or Chicken Meat?
- Where To Buy Chicken Soup Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- What Are Some Good Sides For Chicken Strips? 5 Best Dishes That Go Well With Chicken Strips
You can also start with a bowl of salad to serve with your chicken wild rice soup.
Despite its simplicity, the refreshing taste of salads can really work with the rich and creamy chicken wild rice soup.
There are many good recipes for salads, but a green salad is gonna work best in this case.
Don’t forget to make a special dressing like red wine vinaigrette to make your simple salad more prominent.
With our aforementioned suggestions for the best side dishes to serve with chicken wild rice soup, hopefully, your next meal will be as hearty and delicious as possible.
Try cooking these dishes at least one time to figure out which dish is best to accompany your steaming bowl of chicken wild rice soup for a perfect winter meal.
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-08-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API