6 Delicious Side Dishes For A Chicken Noodle Casserole
A hearty chicken noodle casserole is always a good option to feed your family.
I'm an experienced food writer and passionate cook. My website, Cookindocs.com, features accessible, informative, and engaging content with quality recipes and articles that are thoroughly researched and enjoyable to read. You can trust my expertise with 8 years of experience in the field. Learn more about me and my work on this website, and check out my featured articles on TastingTable, Mashed, and 5-Minute Crafts. Read more about me HERE.
But what sides should you serve with this dish?
Here are some great ideas that will have your family and friends coming back for more.
What is chicken noodle casserole?
Chicken noodle casserole is a dish that is composed of cooked chicken, noodles, and sauce or gravy.
This dish can be made with cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup as the sauce base.
The casserole can also include vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, and celery.
Cheese is often added to the dish for extra flavor and a cheesy texture.
Chicken noodle casserole is typically baked in the oven until it is hot and bubbly.
It can also be microwaved if you are in a hurry.
This classic comfort food is perfect to serve hot for a winter meal.
What to consider when choosing a chicken noodle casserole’s side dish?
Casseroles are a delicious, hearty dish that can be made with all sorts of different ingredients.
And chicken noodle casserole is one of the most common casserole recipes.
This dish is usually served with a side dish, but what should you choose?
We will discuss some of the key factors that you should consider when choosing a good accompaniment for chicken noodle casserole:
Do you want something classic or a more adventurous side dish?
There are many options for you to choose from when it comes to a chicken noodle casserole’s side dish.
The list includes both classic recipes and modern ones.
It depends on your preference to opt for an old-fashioned companion that everyone can make with ease, or explore a modern and more complicated recipe.
Chicken noodle casserole goes well with a citrusy companion
Another thing you should consider to have the best side dish to enjoy with chicken noodle casserole is that this main course goes well with a citrusy flavor.
Lemons and apples are some typical examples of fruits that deliver a citrusy flavor to your side dish.
You can add the juice or slices of these fruits to different side dish recipes to turn them into a nice addition to your chicken noodle casserole.
- Tofu Vs Chicken: Which One Is Better For You?
- What You Didn’t Know About the Color of Your Chicken – Surprising Facts Revealed!
- 5 Top Side Dishes For Chicken Caprese: Delicious And Easy To Prepare, Try Them Today!
- 5 Best Rosemary Substitutes In Chicken Dishes: The Best Rosemary Substitutes That Can Elevate Your Chicken
- The Cucumber Vs Pickle Battle Is Real. We Put Them To The Test!
6 best side dishes to serve with chicken noodle casserole
Here are the six best side dishes that you can serve next to your chicken noodle casserole:
1. Rice[amazon fields=”B004NRLAVY” value=”thumb” image=”1″ image_size=”large” image_align=”center”]
Although the main course already contains noodles, it can still be paired with a filling side like rice.
However, you only need a small bowl or plate of rice to complete your meal.
Steamed white rice infused with some herbs, spices, or vegetables will be a great substitute for the plain version.
Brown rice can be a great option too because it is lower in carbs and sugar while still being rich in nutrients and filling.
2. Quinoa salad[amazon fields=”B08TPQ86P8″ value=”thumb” image=”1″ image_size=”large” image_align=”center”]
Quinoa salad is another good accompaniment to serve with your chicken noodle casserole.
Combining quinoa with veggies is a great way to have a nutritious salad without feeling hungry quickly.
3. Lemon roasted asparagus[amazon fields=”B006OCGE9Y” value=”thumb” image=”1″ image_size=”large” image_align=”center”]
The flavor of chicken noodle casserole goes really well with lemon.
Therefore, lemon roasted asparagus is a good choice to serve with chicken noodle casserole in this case.
You only need to squeeze some lemon juice as well as place a few lemon slices over asparagus before roasting the veggies.
The citrusy flavor of this side dish makes it perfect to offset the rich and savory casserole.
4. Green salad[amazon fields=”B00K0EEIO0″ value=”thumb” image=”1″ image_size=”large” image_align=”center”]
A classic bowl of green salad can literally make your chicken noodle casserole taste much better.
The crunchy texture and refreshing flavor of raw and fresh veggies are so satisfying and help balance the main course easily.
The best part is that there are many recipes for green salads and they are all easy to make.
5. Biscuits[amazon fields=”B00LMC36HY” value=”thumb” image=”1″ image_size=”large” image_align=”center”]
You can serve your chicken noodle casserole with some biscuits if you want to bring some Southern flavor to your kitchen.
Buttermilk biscuits are one of the most classic baking recipes.
In this case, the leavened rolled biscuits from Southern cuisine are more suitable than the crispy and sweet flat unleavened biscuits that you find in most grocery stores.
6. Applesauce[amazon fields=”B01EOW6OBS” value=”thumb” image=”1″ image_size=”large” image_align=”center”]
Our last suggestion to serve with your chicken noodle casserole is applesauce.
Thiseasy side dish recipe can be made from scratch or bought pre-made from any grocery store or supermarket.
Applesauce is a quick solution when you are in a hurry but still want something delicious to serve with your chicken noodle casserole.
It has a tangy, bright, and refreshing taste that works amazingly with chicken.
The bottom line
It might be a tough question to choose the best side dish to serve with your chicken noodle casserole.
Do you like a filling accompaniment or light and nutritious salad on the side of chicken noodle casserole?
You will just need to try them all out and see which combination suits your taste buds the most.
- How To Make Traditional Turkish Dishes At Home: A Simple Guide
- Fried Chicken Vs Broasted Chicken: Which Is Better? You Won’t Believe The Difference!
- 8 Best Side Dishes To Serve With Thai Green Curry Chicken
- 5 Best Side Dishes To Go With Kalua Pork Sandwiches That’ll Get You ALL The Likes
- Tonkatsu Vs Chicken Katsu Showdown: Who Is The Winner?