Most people know that chicken Kiev is a delicious chicken dish that has a creamy, buttery sauce.
But what most people don’t know is exactly how to best serve it.
There are many different sauces that you can serve with chicken Kiev, and we’re here to help you decide what is the best sauce for your dinner party or family dinner.
What is chicken Kiev?
Chicken Kiev is a boneless chicken breast wrapped in a thin layer of buttery, flaky, and crispy puff pastry.
This dish is a staple of Ukrainian cuisine and was created in the late 18th century by Galina Petrovna Burdonskaya at the court of Emperor Alexander II.
The chicken breast is butterflied and breaded then the butter and breading are folded into the chicken breast to keep it from unraveling when cooked.
Chicken Kiev can be baked or fried depending on your preference for how much fat you want in your dish; if you choose to bake it make sure that you don’t turn up your oven too high because this will cause the pastry to burn before the meat gets done!
Before serving, it’s important to think about the sauce you are going to serve.
The sauce should complement the taste of the chicken Kiev, so choose a sauce that matches your taste.
Also consider how much sauce you will be using, as too much sauce can make your dish soggy and difficult to eat.
Finally, keep in mind that most sauces are best served hot or warm because they lose their appeal when they cool down too much.
Now, let’s check the five recipes to make the best sauce that can complement your chicken Kiev perfectly:
White wine cream sauce
- Homepride Can Wine and Cream Cook In Sauce 400g
- Suitable for Vegetarians
The white wine cream sauce is a good choice of sauce because it is not too heavy but still has a nice consistency.
The cream in the sauce makes it just thick enough to stick to your food and flavor the chicken kievs with deliciousness.
What’s more interesting?
- Tonkatsu Vs Chicken Katsu: What’s The Difference?
- 3 Best Chicken For Roasting: What Kind Of Chicken Is Best For Roasting?
- 4 Perfect Chicken Crepes’ Side Dishes For A Tasty, Healthy Meal!
- 5 Best Side Dishes For Chicken Scarpariello
- What To Serve With Jerk Chicken And Rice? 5 Best Side Dishes That Go Well With Jerk Chicken And Rice
The addition of white wine will give a boost to the flavor of the sauce.
It’s also easy to make and versatile.
You can use this sauce for chicken Kiev, fish, or even as an appetizer dip for veggies or chips.
Sour cream gravy
- Perfectly smooth onion gravy that’s ready in 5 minutes
- No artificial flavors or MSG added* for homemade-tasting...
- Made with McCormick spices
Sour cream is a dairy product that can be used in cooking, though more commonly as a garnish or topping for other foods.
Sour cream gravy is a good sauce for chicken Kiev because it is easy to make, has a rich and creamy texture, and complements the flavor of the chicken.
It’s easy to make because all you need is sour cream, butter, flour, and a little seasoning.
It has a rich and creamy texture that makes it taste like there’s more than just sour cream in there!
It feels like it’s going to be heavy on your tongue, but then it goes away quickly and you’re left with just the taste of sour cream.
The smooth texture also helps make the sauce go down smoothly when eating the chicken Kiev whole, it doesn’t stick to your teeth or get caught in any cracks between bites.
This adds to the overall enjoyment of eating this dish!
Finally, sour cream gravy complements the flavor of chicken Kiev perfectly: it’s rich enough that it doesn’t overpower other flavors but light enough that it doesn’t take away from them either.
- What To Serve With Honey Soy Chicken? 6 Amazing Side Dishes To Try With Your Honey Soy Chicken
- Where To Buy Soy Free Chicken Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Chicken Ramen Vs Beef Ramen: What’s The Difference?
- Dry Brine Chicken Vs Wet Brine Chicken: What’s The Difference?
- What To Serve With Chicken Wraps? 6 Must-try Side Dishes To Accompany Chicken Wraps
The mild tanginess of sour cream provides depth without making anything else seem bland by comparison.
Lemon butter sauce
- Delicious with salmon, tilapia, flounder, or cod, peeled...
- Create restaurant taste at home.Peanut free
- Complement seafood's great taste with the right sauce or...
This lemon butter sauce has a zesty flavor that pairs well with chicken and fish.
The ingredients are mainly lemon juice and zest, butter, and cream.
We’ll also add some nutmeg for a little extra kick!
And it’s easy to make: just whisk everything together in one pot until the sauce thickens up.
- Ready-to-serve mushroom steak sauce
- Mushroom Steak Sauce
- Dawn Fresh
Mushrooms are a good source of B vitamins.
They’re also a source of selenium, potassium, copper, and zinc: all nutrients that help to keep our bodies healthy.
Mushroom sauce is one of the best sauces for chicken Kiev because it’s rich and flavorful, but also more subtle than a creamy sauce.
It’s a great option if you want something that’s going to enhance the flavor of your chicken Kiev without overwhelming it or making it too heavy.
Chicken Kiev is already delicious, so don’t overwhelm it with a sauce that will make it too much for your palate.
Mushroom sauce is light enough to let the flavors of the chicken shine through while still giving you a burst of freshness and creaminess in every bite.
Honey mustard sauce
- 4 Burger Buns per pack
- An authentic French brioche burger bun recipe that will...
- Non-GMO brioche burger buns
Honey mustard sauce is a good choice because it’s sweet and spicy.
- Where To Buy Buff Orpington Chicken Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Where To Buy Chicken Crispitos Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- 5 Perfect Vegan Cream Of Chicken Soup Substitutes
- What To Serve With Chicken Parmesan Besides Pasta? 5 Options To Consider
- What To Serve With Chicken Adobo? 6 Best Side Dishes To Pair With Chicken Adobo
The combination of honey and Dijon mustard is a classic flavor pairing that works well with chicken Kiev because both ingredients are potent flavor enhancers.
Honey mustard sauce is also easy to make.
You can whip up the basic recipe in just five minutes, then let it sit at room temperature until you’re ready to serve it with your chicken Kiev!
Plus, this sauce can be made in advance so that when you need something quick on hand for your last-minute meal prep, you have some delicious condiments ready to go!
All these sauces are classic servings for chicken Kiev, and they are also delicious on their own as easy appetizers or snacks when paired with crackers or pita chips!
You can make our sauce suggestions at home without any fuss, but some are also available in grocery stores ready to be served from the bottle or can.
Hope you will give all of them a try to figure out which is the best sauce to serve with chicken Kiev.
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-08-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API