Ramen is a popular Japanese dish that has been around for centuries.
When you’re in the mood for something warm and delicious, ramen is always a good option.
Besides some popular ingredients like pork or beef, chicken is also one of ideal meats to cook with, because it’s easy to shred apart later on and mix into the noodles.
If you’re looking to cook up some delicious noodles at home, then this article is for you!
We will walk you through 2 tips to choose chicken and 3 best chicken parts for making your mouth-watering ramen bowl at home.
What to Consider when Choosing Chicken for your Ramen
Chicken is always considered as the top choice when it comes to cooking ramen.
It takes less than an hour to make this dish which makes it perfect for busy weeknights.
Even if you’re just craving something comforting but don’t want anything too heavy.
Since it’s difficult to know which type of chicken meat will give you the best results when cooking ramen, you might want to have a look at these 2 factors:
- What To Serve With Citrus Chicken? 6 Tempting Companions To Pair With Citrus Chicken
- 7 Appetizing Recipes You Should Try With Your Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Baked Vs Roasted Chicken: What’s The Difference?
- What To Serve With Creamy Tuscan Chicken? 7 Ways To Elevate Your Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- What To Serve With Chicken Dumplings? 5 Good Side Dishes For Chicken Dumplings
Buying a whole chicken will be a right option for you if you want to make chicken ramen from scratch because you can use several parts of the chicken, and it will save you a considerable amount of money than buying separated parts.
You can use chicken bones for making the broth, chicken breast and thighs as topping.
Young chickens are the best choice for cooking ramen because they contain more meat and less fat than their adult counterparts.
This makes them a healthier option, which is important when you’re eating it every day.
What is more, young ones have the best meat for dishes like this because they are young and tender, so their meat will be full of flavor without any strong aftertaste that could come from older birds.
They are also cheaper than their older counterparts, making it easier on your wallet to get that delicious ramen fix!
What the tops 3 chicken parts to use for ramen
Fresh Chicken Breast
If you want an authentic Japanese experience, go for whole or sliced breasts – but be careful! You may have seen them called “chicken breast”, which can mean anything from boneless skinless chicken breast (which is a good option) to mechanically separated chicken (not really recommended).
- What To Serve With Chicken Coq Au Vin? 7 Best Side Dishes To Serve With Chicken Coq Au Vin
- Chicken Souvlaki Vs Chicken Gyro: What’s The Difference?
- What To Serve With Italian Chicken? 5 Best Side Dishes To Serve With Your Italian-style Chicken
- What To Serve With Chicken Pasta? 6 Delicious Side Dish Ideas To Serve With Chicken Pasta
- Where To Buy Bresse Chicken Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
White meat like breasts is a healthier option, but they can dry out if being cooked for too long.
You can consider buying a whole fresh chicken, use the breast for making ramen and save the other parts for other dishes.
Fresh Chicken Thighs
Some people like using dark meat (like chicken thighs) for their recipes because it adds more flavor than white meat does.
Although it is a bit fattier, because it makes my ramen so much heartier and filling since it has a more robust flavor.
It packs a little more punch and can stand up to cooking in broth without becoming tough or dry.
Leftover Chicken Meat
If you have some leftover chicken in your fridge though, why not transform it into something delicious?
Cooking with leftovers saves money and time!
- What To Serve With Mexican Chicken Casserole? 7 Side Dish Suggestions For Your Mexican Chicken Casserole
- 3 Chicken Cuts That Are Best For Caesar Salad
- 7 Must-try Chicken Rice Casserole Side Dishes
- What To Serve With Chicken Lasagna? 6 Delicious Side Dish Ideas To Serve With Chicken Lasagna
- 5 Best Sauces To Serve With Chicken Kiev
The best part?
It’s as simple as throwing everything together in your pot and letting it simmer until done!
The best chicken for ramen is a debatable topic, and it might be a pain in the butt for most of the housewives.
Instead of using one same type of meat, why don’t you try out new types of chicken meat to see what works best for your taste buds!
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-08-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API