Whether you’re serving chicken burritos for a weeknight dinner or as part of a larger party, you’ll want to choose the right side dishes to complete the meal.
Fortunately, there are plenty of great options that can pair well with this Mexican favorite.
Keep reading for some ideas on what to serve with chicken burritos!
A chicken burrito is a type of burrito that contains shredded or ground chicken as the primary filling.
Burritos are made by wrapping a tortilla around a filling, and they can be filled with a variety of ingredients, including meat, vegetables, cheese, rice, and beans.
Chicken burritos are a popular Mexican-American food item that can be found at most Mexican restaurants.
They can also be made at home by using easy-to-find ingredients.
Chicken burritos go well with a variety of dishes, but to make sure that you have chosen the right recipe, the following tips can help:
Burritos are a staple in Mexican cuisine, therefore, they go best with a Mexican side dish.
Mexican cuisine is one of the most diverse ones and offers a variety of delicious dishes.
This means that you will have a lot of options to consider, and you can easily bring the true Mexican flavors to your kitchen.
Another thing to keep in mind is that you can serve your chicken burritos with either a filling or a light side dish.
It boils down to personal preference, the occasion, or the time of the day when you serve these dishes.
- Where To Buy Chicken Cordon Bleu Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- What To Serve With Lemon Rosemary Chicken? 5 Delicious Side Dishes For Lemon Rosemary Chicken
- 5 Best Side Dishes For Jalapeño Popper Chicken
- What To Serve With Peanut Butter Chicken? 5 Side Dishes That Are Great To Accompany Peanut Butter Chicken
- What To Serve With Chicken Tinga? 6 Great Side Dish Ideas To Complement Your Chicken Tinga
Below is the list of the seven side dish recipes that go perfectly with chicken burritos:
Cilantro lime rice is a simple recipe that goes well with chicken burritos or any other Mexican-inspired meal.
It has the herbal flavor from cilantro and the citrus note of lime juice.
The regular plain steamed rice no longer gives you the boring feeling because now it is elevated and packed with more flavor.
Refried beans are a filling and delicious dish that is perfect for a winter meal.
Made from pinto beans that have been cooked and mashed, then fried in lard or oil, refried beans work as a staple in Mexican cuisine.
While you can find canned refried beans at most supermarkets, making your own at home is surprisingly simple and tastier.
The perfect balance of flavors makes this dish irresistible while being very easy to make.
- What To Serve With Chicken Lasagna? 6 Delicious Side Dish Ideas To Serve With Chicken Lasagna
- Why Sous Vide Chicken Is Rubbery?
- What To Serve With Shoyu Chicken? 5 Classic Side Dishes To Pair With Shoyu Chicken
- Pork Chop Vs Chicken: What’s The Difference?
- Where To Buy Grass Fed Chicken Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
Mexican street corn, or Elote, is a simple dish that is made by grilling corn on the cob with a coat of melted butter and spices.
This is a popular item in Mexican cuisine as corn is almost everywhere in this country and all over the world.
Guacamole is a delicious and popular Mexican side dish.
It is often served as a dipping sauce, and for chicken burritos, what is more suitable?
Common ingredients that can be used to make guacamole is ripe avocado, cilantro, garlic, salt, onions, and peppers.
You can even serve guacamole as a condiment or topping for your burritos.
The combination of crispy chips and smooth but chunky salsa is just extraordinary and iconic.
Each bite is packed with flavor and texture, plus, it is healthy because salsa is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants.
The ingredients can vary depending on the region where it is made, so you will have a variety of salsa options to consider.
- Where To Buy Chicken Bone Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Where To Buy Bresse Chicken Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- 3 Best Chicken For Greek Salads: Ways To Make The Healthiest Salad
- The Unfair Difference Between Chicken and Hen Meat
- What To Serve With A Creamy Chicken Casserole? The Top 6 Side Dishes To Accompany Your Creamy Chicken Casserole
Our last suggestion to serve with chicken burritos is sour cream.
It is creamy, tangy, and pairs perfectly with the savory chicken dish.
Sour cream is also a good way to cool down your burrito if it is filled with spicy ingredients.
As you can see, chicken burritos go well with many different side dishes, especially those from Mexican cuisine.
Whether you want a filling and hearty one or a light recipe, we have got you covered.
They are all affordable, delicious, and can complement your beef burritos perfectly.
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-08-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API