Tacos are a favorite food of many people, and barbacoa beef tacos are one of the best tacos that are delicious and easy to make.
In this post, we are going to share with you the best side dishes to serve with your barbacoa beef tacos and make this dish more special and tastier.
Let’s check it out!
What are barbacoa beef tacos?
Barbacoa beef tacos are a type of tacos that contain slow-cooked beef as the main ingredient for the filling.
The word “barbacoa” refers to a style of cooking in which meat is slow-cooked over an open fire for a long time until it is tender and can be easily shredded.
Beef is typically cooked with dried chili and other Mexican spices to result in a flavorful dish that can melt in your mouth.
The meat often comes with other ingredients like red onions, bay leaves, cilantro, lime juice, and adobo sauce for the filling, which is wrapped in corn tortillas.
barbacoa beef taco is a delicious and favorite dish that is commonly eaten in Mexico and other Latin cuisines.
Although it is great on its own, many people are wondering how to choose the right side dish to elevate their barbacoa beef taco to a new level.
So here are some things you should keep in mind when cooking or ordering a barbacoa beef taco’s side dish:
Barbacoa beef tacos should be served with a light vegetable-based side dish rather than a grain recipe
Since you have corn tortillas in your beef taco recipe, there is no need to serve this dish with another grain-based side like rice or pasta.
You better opt for a lighter accompaniment that is made from vegetables, either cooked or raw for a better result.
- What To Serve With Teriyaki Beef Skewers? 6 Best Side Dishes You Should Try With Teriyaki Beef Skewers
- Mexican Beef Vs American Beef: What’s The Difference?
- 4 Best Beef For French Dips: What Type Of Beef Makes The Best French Dip?
- Where To Buy Beef Salami Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Where To Buy Beef Cheek Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
Barbacoa beef tacos are a Mexican dish, so it is easy to understand why it goes best with a Mexican side dish.
The use of Mexican spices and herbs in these recipes is just so complete and they blend with each other to create a perfectly balanced meal.
The quick but delicious solution to serve with your barbacoa beef tacos is a kind of sauce.
Mexican cuisine is famous for different dipping sauce recipes that are easy and quick to make but still packed with flavors to enhance the taste of the entree.
In this section, let’s figure out the five side dish recipes that we find best to pair with your flavorful, tender, and succulent barbacoa beef tacos:
Guacamole is our first suggestion to serve alongside barbacoa beef tacos.
Guacamole is made by mashing ripe avocado with other Mexican spices.
This thick and creamy sauce with a refreshing flavor of avocado can help boost your appetite and elevate the beef tacos to a new level.
- Where To Buy Frozen Beef Ravioli Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- What To Serve With Beef Skewers? 7 Best Side Dishes To Go With Beef Skewers
- What To Serve With Beef Kebabs? 6 Side Dishes That Perfectly Accompany Beef Kebabs
- What To Serve With Beef Rouladen? 5 Delicious Side Dish Recipes To Serve With Beef Rouladen
- Where To Buy Beef Plate Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
Coleslaw is a great and easy salad that can be done in a couple of minutes.
It often includes shredded cabbage and carrot, with a tangy and creamy dressing from mayonnaise.
This accompaniment is also very affordable and can make the meat-based main dish taste better.
Salsa is a traditional side dish in Mexican cuisine.
There are different variants of salsa, but they are all meant to be used as a dipping sauce for a variety of dishes, especially tacos.
Due to its diversity, your barbacoa beef tacos can come with a spicy kick from the salsa, or a mild and refreshing taste instead.
4. Corn on the cob
You can also serve your barbacoa beef tacos with corn on the cob.
This Mexican corn dish is easy to make, but the result is impressive.
The sweet and buttery taste of grilled corn makes it perfect to pair with barbacoa beef.
- Where To Buy Tri Tip Beef Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Where To Buy Beef Brain Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Where To Buy Jamaican Beef Patty Near Me? A Place To Purchase In Case You Can’t Find It Locally!
- Vegan Substitutes For Beef: The Ultimate Vegan Beef Substitutes You Should Know
- Top 3 Best Beef Cuts For Thai Curry
5. Green salad
A green salad is also great to serve on the side of barbacoa beef tacos.
Green salads often feature different kinds of raw veggies like lettuce, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, spinach, or olives.
This side dish has a refreshing flavor and a crunchy texture that will surely balance the savory taste of your beef tacos.
With our five aforementioned suggestions, which recipe do you find works best with your barbacoa beef tacos?
It’s your time to start cooking and find your own answer.
As a affiliate, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases if you click to Amazon from our site & choose make a purchase. Last update on 2022-06-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API